Katie Robertson, part of "Duck Dynasty" plays a
resort activities assistant in Hallmark Channel's "Sun, Sand & Romance."
Welcome, Sadie.
It's been a while since we've seen you.
You've been so busy, though, out on the road doing your speaking engagement.
This movie, how did it all come about for you?
It's crazy, and a dream, it was a dream for me to be in a Hallmark movie.
Me too!
Kit is dying.
If you can do anything to get her on.
You should do it.
You know, acting world is totally different than the world I'm used to.
And so I wasn't really sure if I wanted to be in movies or do acting.
My agents were like, look, this would be great for you.
Yeah, but if I'm in a movie that's not very appropriate and I go speak to young kids to
make the better choice, it doesn't add up.
The only movies I could be in that I would be feeling confident in the messaging is a
Hallmark movie.
They're like, okay, why don't we go meet the Hallmark people.
They were like, you're like a Hallmark in a person.
I said thanks, that's the greatest compliment ever.
And so, it just kind of happened and it seriously was so fun and it's the cutest movie.
You play a camp counselor, there's a lot of fun activities you got to do, horseback riding?
I wasn't involved with the horseback riding, which is probably a good thing, but it was
cool, because my brother was an activities director at a summer camp at a time I was
playing an activities director.
Your speaking engagements you're talking about, this is a true passion you're talking about.
What's the big message that you talk about?
My message is: Live original.
That was the first book that I wrote.
I have a new book coming out called live fearless.
This tour is focused on the live fearless side of things, so it's going to be me motivating
people-- What do you talk about?
Coming out of the life of fear and living a life of freedom.
A lot of times I encourage and motivate people to be confident in the person they were created
to be.
So yeah, it's really cool, it's a lot of high school and college age, it's awesome.
What I love is the positive messaging for young girls in particular and self-image and
self-worth and I know you early on when you were doing some modeling had to deal with
some of the criticism?
Yeah, they would tell me all the time, if you would lose this, you would look like a
real model.
But that's how the game is, but for me -- I think it's really hard because girls hear
that a lot, even if you're not a model, you see it on Instagram and Twitter, hear it at
school.
I'm not saying I'm perfect, I walk-through some insecurities with that, but coming out
of that, has become a passion of mine to speak that confidence to people, and not care what's
on the outside, but really and truly focus on your heart, you are going to get that.
You were talking about an ex-boyfriend you broke up with, you called it false passion,
what does that mean?
My boyfriend and I dated for three years, everyone was such fans of our relationship.
And then we broke up, and I never really went back to that and said why or anything I think
we came to this point in our relationship where we were infatuated by each other, we
weren't making each other better... we were passionate about not the best things
about each other or in our lives.
It would kind of be like fight, then you'd make up and like sort of the excitement of
it.
A lot of happy, a lot of fighting.
It's great on Instagram, it's not great in person, that's not a healthy relationship.
You blogged about it.
You said, we welcomed sin in.
And we unintentionally removed ourselves from the foundation of true love.
Why was that important for you to put that out there?
I think in relationships, especially nowadays, I don't think people understand the depth
of welcoming sin into your relationship, maybe it's impurity, maybe it's downgrading comments,
manipulations, that happens.
When you welcome that in, it creates a really unhealthy foundation, and from that, fear
gets involved, insecurity gets involved.
How I look all the time, and I get scared of things all the time, I started realizing
before I went into that relationship, I didn't have those feelings, why do I have them now?
Because I welcomed sin into my life.
I'm thankful my ex-boyfriend approved the message so I could put it out there.
You checked in with him first?
Absolutely.
It's public knowledge, so you have to.
What's your family up to these days?
Is there going to be a "Duck Dynasty" reunion at some point on A&E?
I hope so!
We got back from Peru.
We went to Machu Picchu it was awesome.
The family is at home, my dad and mom started a church, they're doing great things in Louisiana.
And they are loving living a normal life.
My dad golfs every day, he jokes he's in retirement.
Look at your dad right there.
Do you ever think he looks like Zach Brown?
This is funny, before he was famous, we went to Nashville, I live there now it's funny.
We went to Nashville, and my dad dressed up like Zach Brown and people thought it was
him, and took pictures with him.
That's great.
And Uncle Si quickly.
You all are going to die.
He's pursuing a singing music career.
Stop it!
No, I'm not kidding.
Like a pop star?
He told me, Sadie, I'm going to be in Nashville playing this bar if you want to come.
First of all, I don't think I'm old enough to come, but if I am I will be there.
We need a visual of that.
It's the funniest thing.
Where is he performing?
We gotta be there.
I don't know, it's very small places.
I did go to his concert and it's so bad.
Sadie, you're adorable, thanks for coming in.
"Sun, sand & romance" premieres Saturday at 9:00 on the Hallmark Channel.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét