Thứ Năm, 29 tháng 11, 2018

Youtube daily was Nov 29 2018

Welcome to our live Chelsea blog where we'll keep you up to date with all the latest news from Stamford Bridge

The unbeaten run is finally over after the disappointing 3-1 defeat to Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday

But there is no time to dwell on the result, with a Europa League tie against PAOK to come on Thursday, as well as the west London derby against Fulham at the weekend

Sarri on Hazard.Here's your main Sarri news: the gaffer confirming that Eden Hazard will not play in tomorrow's Europa League clash against PAOK

Hazard out for PAOK - back for Fulham?.One of the top lines already from Sarri is that Eden Hazard will miss the Europa League clash against PAOK on Thursday, but should be back for the West London derby against Fulham

Luiz "was a liability".The hits just keep on coming for David Luiz, with former Chelsea centre-back Scott Minto really laying into him

Despite saying the Brazilian is "probably the best ball-playing centre-half in world football", Minto doesn't rate him highly for his capabilities in defence, and says he should have been subbed against Spurs

Get Chelsea latest news updates directly to your inbox Subscribe Thank you for subscribing

For more infomation >> Chelsea news recap: Sarri reveals Hazard injured for PAOK, David Luiz "was a liability" - Duration: 2:17.

-------------------------------------------

Radical New Theory Claims There Was No Big Bang - Duration: 4:24.

While most in the world of science believe in the big bang theory, there are those who

do not.

It is not something that everyone is on board with and those who are not have their own

ideas about how the universe came to be.

I recently came across a theory that seems to suggest our universe was born from an alternate

bubble of some kind from some other time.

This theory goes over how the universe sprang out of a dying older universe and goes through

periods of consolidation and expansion.

While this theory is not new, it is quite interesting and is always being researched

in new ways.

More often than not it is referred to as the big bounce theory but Neves takes it to a

new level.

An article I found by Big Think went over how Physicist Juliano Cesar Silva Neves a

mathematician from Brazil published a paper not too long ago in the journal General Relativity

and Gravitation.

In this, he seems to go over how physicists seem uncertain about whether the phase of

immense heat took place in regards to the big bang.

Neves suggests that there was a universe before our own.

You see, through investigating black holes and the bouncing universe itself a lot can

be uncovered.

Could Neves really be onto something?

A prior contract phase would change everything and brings forth a lot of questions.

Science Daily reported as follows in regards to Neves research:

"In order to measure the rate at which the Universe is expanding with the standard cosmology,

the model in which there's a Big Bang, a mathematical function is used that depends

only on cosmological time," said Neves, who elaborated the idea with Alberto Vazques

Saa, a Full Professor at IMECC-UNICAMP and also the supervisor for Neves' postdoctoral

project, funded by the Sao Paulo Research Foundation — FAPESP.

With the scale factor, Big Bang itself, or cosmologic singularity, ceases to be a necessary

condition for the cosmos to begin universal expansion.

A concept from mathematics that expresses indefiniteness, singularity was used by cosmologists

to characterize the "primordial cosmologic singularity" that happened 13.8 billion

years ago, when all the matter and energy from the Universe were compressed into an

initial state of infinite density and temperature, where the traditional laws of physics no longer

apply.

The Big Bang Theory has its origins in the late 1920s when US astronomer Edwin Hubble

discovered that almost all galaxies are moving away from each other at ever-faster velocities.

From the 1940s onward, scientists guided by Einstein's theory of general relativity

constructed a detailed model of the evolution of the Universe since the Big Bang.

Such model could lead to three possible outcomes: the infinite expansion of the Universe at

ever-higher velocities; the stagnation of the Universe expansion in a permanent basis;

or an inverted process of retraction caused by the gravitational attraction exerted by

the mass of the Universe, what is known as Big Crunch.

"Eliminating the singularity or Big Bang brings back the bouncing Universe on to the

theoretical stage of cosmology.

The absence of a singularity at the start of spacetime opens up the possibility that

vestiges of a previous contraction phase may have withstood the phase change and may still

be with us in the ongoing expansion of the Universe," Neves said.

What do you think about the bounding universe?

I think the whole concept is quite fascinating.

Could the big bounce end up being more accurate than the big bang?

For more infomation >> Radical New Theory Claims There Was No Big Bang - Duration: 4:24.

-------------------------------------------

Soldier Killed In Roadside Bombing In Afghanistan Was Boston Native - Duration: 1:24.

For more infomation >> Soldier Killed In Roadside Bombing In Afghanistan Was Boston Native - Duration: 1:24.

-------------------------------------------

Why Was This Woman Not Invited to Her Own Brother's Wedding? - Duration: 3:27.

- In the last show we met Ronnie and her mom Linda.

Linda is scared her daughter

is going to drink herself to death.

Take a look.

- My daughter Ronnie is on the highway to hell.

Ronnie's 37, lives at home,

and has a very severe drinking problem.

Ronnie's like a tornado of anger when she gets drunk.

She screams, she yells, slams the doors,

she can't control it.

Ronnie's been in the hospital at least five times

for her alcohol problems.

One time I rush her to the hospital, she was hallucinating

and went into seizures.

The doctor did the blood alcohol and he came back

and he goes, she has a .45 alcohol level.

He said she could die.

- Your mother says that you're an alcoholic.

What do you have to say to that?

- I deny that.

- [Interviewer] You deny it?

- Yes.

- I go to work, I don't even know what kind of monster

I'm gonna come home to when I come home from work.

- Really, tell us things that happen

when you come home sometimes.

- She screams, she yells, oh (bleeps) you,

you (bleeps).

- Is that typical when she gets very drunk?

- When she gets very drunk

and the next day she doesn't remember.

- You are hallucinating to a point

when you withdrew from alcohol, so tell us about that.

What were you hallucinating?

What did you see or what did you hear that wasn't there?

(fast-paced instrumental music)

- Just I heard like voices that weren't there.

- So Mom, are you enabling her by paying these credit cards?

- I am, I am.

- [Interviewer] You're essentially buying her this liquor.

- [Linda] I am.

- [Woman] Mom, why are you doing that?

- 'Cause I thought I was helping her, not hurting her.

I don't want her to think I'm throwing her under the bus.

I'm trying to help her.

I've done everything I can do to try to help her.

- So why do you let her continue to live with you

if she's exhibiting all this bad behavior?

- Because she's gonna be homeless.

She has no other place to go and I don't want my daughter

out on the street.

(dramatic music)

- We wanna bring in a witness.

Linda's son Ron is joining us now via Skype.

So Ron, your sister Ronnie,

she showed up drunk at your wedding?

- Yes she did.

I was already at the alter

when she barreled through the doors

and she didn't make a big scene at the actual wedding,

it was afterwards at the reception

is when she passed out in the driveway

and started calling my guests who were walking to their cars

ya'll are piece (bleeps).

You name it, she called them that.

And these are guests that do not know her.

These are guests that are not, I mean,

they didn't do anything to her,

they did not know her, and so--

- How did that make you feel?

- Well I mean how do you think it made me feel?

I mean, the kicker is you know, she wasn't invited.

(crowd mumbles)

- [Woman] Why wasn't she invited?

- Well she, ya'll it's not outta hate.

I mean I love my sister very much

and it's important she knows that.

- So she crashed your wedding?

- It was my mom who went behind my back and brought her.

- Can I ask you Linda, why did you bring her

to the wedding if you knew she was drunk?

- I didn't know she was drunk.

She was supposed to meet me and I told her not to drink.

- When are you not drunk?

- I was staying on a staycation down on the strip.

- Are you not embarrassed a little bit

about the actions and--

- No, I'm very embarrassed and I apologize.

- Did you not pass out in his driveway at his wedding

in front of all of his wedding guests?

- I don't remember that, I'm sorry.

- Well that's bad.

- Yeah, that's the problem because sometimes

when you're that drunk you blackout and you don't remember

what you do and you're hurting the people you love.

For more infomation >> Why Was This Woman Not Invited to Her Own Brother's Wedding? - Duration: 3:27.

-------------------------------------------

When Chester committed suicide I was so sad, he saved me many times. So now I'm here to save others. - Duration: 5:12.

Hello my name is Leah Justyce.

I WELCOME you to my channel, here I hope to INSPIRE YOU TO BECOME THE BEST VERSION OF YOU.

I am just about to go to work, hence being in the car.

I also make vids when I feel like making vids, most of the time I am thinking about so many

things while I am working that I get in the car and bang I make them.

I work most days all day then I come home and actually work on my websites and my other

businesses all day.

So when it comes to being in the car this is like sitting on the toilet time, you know,

you know what I mean.

How the really great ideas come to you when you are sitting on the toilet, that is what

happens.

I get in the car and blah I have to tell my story.

I run, I started running again.

I used to run to Linkin Park, ok and I loved it, loved it.

That was my running music and so when Chester committed suicide I, I could not run anymore.

I couldn't, I was so sad.

Their music helped me when my son was stabbed.

When you deal with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and the hardest thing for me was, I have no

social network.

I had no family, I had no friends to even understand what I was going through and you

really actually need people that have dealt with it.

That have moved on that have let go.

To communicate with, because people never understand what you are going through until

they have dealt with it.

You know and when they are dealing with it, please everyone, the whole world stop turning

because of everyone sort of feels that they are the center of the universe.

So please Leah stop doing everything and pay attention to those people.

Give your all to them, that was my life you know that?

That was my life!

The reason why I started this channel was becauseI ipicked myself off the floor many

times, many times.

I can actually talk about that, what I just spoke and I did not cry.

I did not cry, so thank you Chakra meditation.

I have been doing some really massive spiritual things in the last few days.

I have been on this journey really all of my life and there were these massive lessons

that had to happen.

So my son had to get stabbed because, if you heard the way he talks now he is amazing.

He always was but now it comes from here, it comes from his soul what he talks about.

Amazing, amazing.

You know my daughter is 10 and she is the same and I just go ahhh my children.

They just inspire me so much I tell you.

I wish that all parents felt like that about their children, I do wish that my parents

felt like that about me.

Still today, my dad is dying.

He is really really sick and so there will be a post I am sure that he passed.

I think my dad was more spiritual than he thought cause things that he had said in his

lifetime, but because he was so angry he never fixed his soul now he is really sad.

Because he is worried to sleep, because now he does not know now he is scared of death

you know.

That is when you know that things aren't good.

I think when they become scared of death, sad, sad.

So that's that, that is this post.

It has not become a good one has it?

I wanted to say that I am running, that is what I wanted to say.

That I am finally able to run because I have been able to remove that block of how much

they meant to me and Chester saved me.... so many times.

Their music saved me so many times, and then he did that so you know I was just like shit

what hope do we have.

Thats what I thought last year, what hope fo we have?

That is what I thought, you know.

The hope that we have is the choice that we make, we make the choices to live the way

that we want to live.

You know.

That is the way I speak now, the way that I am now.

My name is Leah Justyce I hope to inspire you to be the best version of you if not I

hope I make you smile.

I want to say just do what you want to do, research, look into things that really make

you feel better for yourself.

Can you feel the shift in the world?

Well I can that is for sure.

The Law Of Attraction.

com.au jump on the forum have something to say.

Go check out my art, Leah Justyce Artist.

I have some things up there and on Bluethumb as well.

I bless you and I hope that you have a fantastic day. I send you my LOVE and GRATITUDE.

Bye

For more infomation >> When Chester committed suicide I was so sad, he saved me many times. So now I'm here to save others. - Duration: 5:12.

-------------------------------------------

Timetable from Hania Aguilar's disappearance to when her body was found - Duration: 2:23.

For more infomation >> Timetable from Hania Aguilar's disappearance to when her body was found - Duration: 2:23.

-------------------------------------------

'I Would Not Be Surprised If My Mom Was Found with a Knife through Her Chest' - Duration: 3:56.

- I would not be surprised if we don't get a phone call

that my mom was found with a knife through her chest.

It wouldn't surprise me, it just wouldn't.

- Has her drinking affected your relationship, Ron?

- You know compared to what she's done

to my other sister and my mother, no.

Lisa has never, other than my wedding,

personally done anything to me.

I just don't want to witness it anymore

because every time I try to say something about it

to my mother, I get harpooned by her and I get called,

my mom starts, you know, "don't worry about your sister,

"you're a piece of (beep), you're always ya-da-da,"

and my mom goes off on me.

(group mutters)

- Is that true Linda?

- I've said that.

- [Interviewer] Why? - I have.

- Why don't you want her brother to be concerned

about her drinking?

- I do want him to be concerned about it,

but some of the things that he says to me hurt,

so I retaliate because I'm so hurt by what she's doing

and I feel like I'm being pulled in 15 different directions.

And I don't want-- - Yeah, but verbal abuse

is never the way Linda.

- [Linda] I know. - It's not.

- [Linda] I know. - It's not the way to

motivate people and you have to be the one

to set a good example 'cause you're the mom here.

- I try. - Yeah. We know you feel

like you're out of solutions.

We understand that but you know,

verbally abusing your children,

it's not actually going to get them to

do anything productive.

- Linda, do you know what has she done

to your other daughter?

- Been very, very verbally abusive to her sister.

- Mm, yeah.

Are you worried that she's still living with your mom and

everything that you've seen and maybe not even know

that's going on in the house, does that worry

you that something might happen to your mom?

- Oh yeah, I talked to my wife the other,

a couple weeks ago I guess, and I told her

I would not be surprised if we don't get a phone call

that my mom was found with a knife through her chest.

I will not be surprised. - (group mutters)

- Now I know I'm being, that sounds dramatic,

but that's honest to God the way she has gone off on her

sometimes, it wouldn't surprise me, it just wouldn't.

- [Interviewer] Linda, has your daughter hit you?

- Yes, she got so bad one night

that she went out of the house.

She was totally naked and was out on the patio

screaming and yelling, I had her by the arms

trying to drag her back into the house

'cause she had no clothes on.

- Do you remember that?

- No, 'cause that's not true.

- It is true, it is true, why would I lie, it is true!

- Oh my God, why would I go outside at your house?

- And the neighbor's screaming.

- You were drunk, Ronnie, that's why you did it

and you don't remember it, your mother wouldn't

make up a story, she's trying to help you!

- She's screaming, "call 911, she's gonna kill me,

"she's gonna kill me!"

And one of the neighbors called the police,

and the police came.

- Yeah because they were trying to break in my door.

- When is enough enough?

She's already hit you, when are you, I am never.

- This is enough, I can't take anymore,

that's why we're here, this is enough.

- Was your relationship always like this?

- [Linda] No. - [Ronnie] I don't think that.

- What was it like when Ronnie was younger, Linda?

- We were close, we'd do things together,

we'd go places together, I don't even take her with me

anywhere I go anymore because she goes off

and she'll scream and she'll yell for no reason at all.

- 'Cause you don't go anywhere!

All you do is go to work and sit with Steve.

- Work, work, oh my God, that was the word!

- [Ronnie] What am I supposed to do, go to work with her?

- Do you, wow!

- That's the problem, Ronnie, you don't go to work,

that's what we're talking about,

a job, that's what adults have.

- Okay, and then like, okay, I'm gonna go to the bar

with her, like after work, okay.

- We used to hang out. - Yeah.

- We'd go to watch football on Sunday.

- Now all you guys do is just sit there and

let Steve watch whatever he wants.

- Dr. Judy, how realistic is it for Ronnie

to be able to have a job or even think about a job

when half of the things that she's done to her mom,

that she's done to herself, that she's done to her brother,

she doesn't even remember?

- Right, that's part of the problem is,

you know, we're trying to get you to face the truth,

and you don't remember half of what happened,

so that's really really tough.

- Yeah but that was a long time ago.

For more infomation >> 'I Would Not Be Surprised If My Mom Was Found with a Knife through Her Chest' - Duration: 3:56.

-------------------------------------------

Was menorah theft part of metal theft spree? - Duration: 1:39.

For more infomation >> Was menorah theft part of metal theft spree? - Duration: 1:39.

-------------------------------------------

Lionel Messi's reaction to Pique claiming his PSV assist was 'rehearsed' sums him up - Duration: 5:02.

Football News24/7  It was just another day at the office for Lionel Messi against PSV Eindhoven this week

The Barcelona star delivered another virtuoso performance, bagging himself a goal and an assist as the Blaugrana booked themselves a place in the Champions League knockout stages

Messi's goal drew widespread praise across social media and for good reason, with the 31-year-old showing unbelievable ball-control before finishing delightfully at the near post

 Gary Lineker couldn't help tweeting after the goal, writing: "You know I don't like to mention Messi too often but he does play a game of which the rest of us are not familiar

"  It was a moment of inspiration from Messi who was enjoying an immaculate evening in the Netherlands, galloping forward at every opportunity and rarely being losing possession

Messi's performance vs PSV  His assist, on the other hand, won't be going down in the history-books with Messi turning provider for Gerard Pique virtue of a bizarre free-kick delivery

 What looked like a cross from Messi seemed to be struck far too shallow, but still found its way to Pique who converted to fire Barcelona into a 2-0 lead

Surprisingly, though, Pique seemed to reveal after the game that the whole set-piece was planned and perhaps it was another disguised moment of genius from Messi

Messi admits to accidental assist  According to ESPN, the Barcelona defender claimed the move had been 'rehearsed' but Messi had a different account of events

Messi - modest as ever - went on to clarify that his free-kick wasn't planned at all and it was complete luck that Pique was able to score from it

"It wasn't rehearsed, that's a lie," Messi informed Movistar. "It was a poorly taken free kick, but luckily Pique was there

He saw [the ball] and he took advantage of the situation." Ah Lionel, you could have claimed it!And let's face it, football fans wouldn't be at all surprised if Messi had the skill to deliberately hook a low-free kick into the feet of Barcelona's runners

It even prompted some rather amusing reaction on Twitter with one fan writing: "If Messi was a fireman: 'Technically, I wasn't the one who saved the people from the fire today

It was the water.'"Nevertheless, Messi just isn't the kind of person to lie about these things and just had to admit that the free-kick was poorly struck

It's not everyday you hear Messi and 'poorly struck' in the same sentence.  Obviously, though, it all worked out for Barcelona in the end and Pique's strike proved to be crucial with PSV giving themselves hope through a late Luuk de Jong strike

 So, football fans will be seeing more of Messi in the Champions League this season and his form in Europe has been absolutely devastating

When even his mistakes are turning into assists, you know the opposition are in trouble

Do you think Barcelona will win the Champions League this season? Have your say in the comments section below

For more infomation >> Lionel Messi's reaction to Pique claiming his PSV assist was 'rehearsed' sums him up - Duration: 5:02.

-------------------------------------------

How was your first year at ECU? - Duration: 1:10.

I chose ECU because they offered us lots of really good opportunities

you kind of get a feel that it's much more modern and progressive than the

other options, in the first year the balance between theoretical and

practical workload is actually really enjoyable. I think that the facilities at

ECU are pretty good like they say they're work class I actually think that, like I

think it's really great being able to come here, so often they'll post on to

like our blackboard site letting us know that there's an opportunity to work with

the Eagles, an opportunity to work with like the Wildcats, the Western force

rugby. The best thing about first year university is the independence that

we've been given and the freedom of being able to study what we want. Making

friends has been really easy because you working with groups in lectures

tutorials so you're obviously working together and through those groups you

form friendships out of that but you can keep throughout all university. My advice

to someone looking to go to ECU would be to just go for it and don't stop until

you get whatever you want to do. there's no limits.

For more infomation >> How was your first year at ECU? - Duration: 1:10.

-------------------------------------------

Man detained by ICE was obtaining green card, wife says - Duration: 2:23.

For more infomation >> Man detained by ICE was obtaining green card, wife says - Duration: 2:23.

-------------------------------------------

The keys to eating Romaine lettuce: Know when and where it was made - Duration: 2:02.

For more infomation >> The keys to eating Romaine lettuce: Know when and where it was made - Duration: 2:02.

-------------------------------------------

Philip Glass: The greatest influence was my father's record store - Duration: 2:17.

For more infomation >> Philip Glass: The greatest influence was my father's record store - Duration: 2:17.

-------------------------------------------

Jon Bon Jovi's Wine Was Just Named the Best Rosé of 2018 - 247 news - Duration: 3:59.

 Cheers to Jon Bon Jovi!  The singer's wine, Hampton Water, which he developed with his son Jesse Bongiovi and French winemaker Gerard Bertrand, was recently named the top ranked rosé of 2018 by Wine Spectator

Get push notifications with news, features and more. Follow Following You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications

 The vino grabbed the 83rd spot on the list of Top 100 Wines, which only included one other rosé besides Hampton Water

It earned a 90-point rating by the niche magazine after making its debut just earlier this year

 "It's an incredible honor to be on Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines of 2018, let alone ranked as the top rosé," Bon Jovi said in a statement

"It's a true testament to all of our hard work and I could not be more proud to share our excitement for, and love of, Hampton Water with people all over the world

"  Hampton Water is described as a "fresh and lively rosé, with distinctive minerality" and is currently available in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, North Carolina, South Carolina, DC, Florida, Illinois and Nevada — or online for $25 a bottle

 In February, Jesse told PEOPLE about how they came up with the name for their wine

 "It was one of those late nights out on our porch in the Hamptons," Jesse said at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival

"My dad came over to me and asked 'Do you want some more pink juice?'—which is what we used to call rosè

I told him 'No, no, no, we call it Hampton water now.' We just thought it was pretty funny

"  For Bon Jovi, embarking on this venture meant serious business.  "At first I thought, 'yeah, yeah, yeah,'" he said

"But then I realized it was actually a good idea and a great name. I pride myself on having done a lot of unique marketing things over the years, whether it was the arena football team or the Soul Kitchen restaurant

I don't do things haphazardly, but Jesse has always been very serious about everything he's ever done

"  The two spent a lot of time at Gérard Bertrand vineyard in the South of France, tasting wines until they landed on the perfect version

 "When you're in a band, you always say it's like a family. But when you're really working with your family, it's totally different," added Bon Jovi

"We walk into meetings together and I go, 'Wow, it's Mini-Me.' He's thinking the way I'm thinking

It's been a dream."

For more infomation >> Jon Bon Jovi's Wine Was Just Named the Best Rosé of 2018 - 247 news - Duration: 3:59.

-------------------------------------------

Sunday After Thanksgiving Was TSA's Busiest Travel Day Ever - Duration: 0:22.

For more infomation >> Sunday After Thanksgiving Was TSA's Busiest Travel Day Ever - Duration: 0:22.

-------------------------------------------

What Was the Song at the End of Riverdale S03E06? | Heavy.com - Duration: 3:43.

What Was the Song at the End of Riverdale S03E06? | Heavy.com

Tonight the latest episode of Riverdale, Season 3 Episode 6, aired.

The episode, titled "Manhunter," continued Riverdale's recent trend of highly enjoyable episodes that are already eclipsing Season 2.

At the end of the episode tonight, a new song played and many fans are wondering what it was.

Read on for the details. This post will have spoilers for the latest episode of Riverdale. .

The song that played at the end, when you can hear the lyrics "Paladin, Paladin, where do you roam?" is called "The Ballad of Paladin" by Johnny Western.

This song plays while Archie and Jughead are walking on the railroad tracks, leaving Riverdale.

Archie made a smart decision to leave.

Hiram isn't going to stop trying to ruin his life, and Hiram's quest is hurting a lot of people in the process.

Not to mention, why isn't everyone leaving Riverdale now that the town is being haunted and terrorized by some crazy Gargoyle King, so soon after all the Black Hood terror?.

Here's the Ballad of Paladin song on YouTube:.

The song, "The Ballad of Paladin," is the theme song from the TV show Have Gun, Will Travel.

This Western was originally broadcast by CBS on TV and radio from 1957 to 1963.

The show is about a man who calls himself Paladin (the name of the foremost knight warrior in Charlemagne's court.) He's traveling the Old West as a mercenary gunfighter, hired to help solve other people's problems.

The song also appears in Stand by Me, when the protagonists are singing the song together.

You can watch that version below:.

The song was written by Johnny Western, Richard Boone, and Sam Rolfe.

It's performed by Duane Eddy.

It was #33 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1962, and reached #10 in the UK Singles Chart that same year.

The Western Writers of America chose the song as one of the Top 100 Western songs of all time.

For more infomation >> What Was the Song at the End of Riverdale S03E06? | Heavy.com - Duration: 3:43.

-------------------------------------------

What Was The Disney Stop? - Duration: 5:59.

When you think of Disney and Main Street, you probably think of the original classic

Main Street USA in Disneyland, or perhaps the follow-up version in Orlando Florida.

However did you know that for just under a year, on a little known project, we almost

got a Disney Main Street in South Carolina?

In 1996 Disney was working on, of all things, a highway rest stop project with AAA, the

American Automobile Association.

Now this wasn't Disney's first time working with AAA.

Back in 1987 the two of them opened a rest stop along I-75 in Ocala, Florida, which was

just about and hour and a half north of Walt Disney World.

It had most things you'd expect in a rest stop, however this particular rest stop was

heavily Disney themed.

Their next collaboration, The Disney Stop, as it was going to be called, was planned

to be over ten times larger than the Ocala stop at 46 acres.

For comparison, that's just under half the size of The Magic Kingdom.

Disney chose the small town of Hardeeville, South Carolina for its location.

Sitting off of exit 8 on I-95, The Disney Stop would be a five hour drive from Disney

World, and just a 20 mile drive to Hilton Head Island.

That second part was relevant because beyond just being a popular tourist destination in

South Carolina, it's also where Disney was planning to build their next DVC resort.

Disney figured that this would be the perfect spot to grab the attention of both tourists heading

down I-95 to Florida as well as locals who might be heading to the island.

And with a $35 million dollar budget, Disney didn't want just any old interstate rest stop.

The complex would feature a travel center, obviously, a hotel with 550 rooms, a combined

2,000 dining seats spread across multiple restaurants, an auto service center, a kennel

for travelers to keep and care for their pets, and between 30,000-40,000 square

feet of retail shopping space.

To top it all off, everything at The Disney Stop was going to be tied to a central Main

Street that was going to be themed to a 1950s midwestern American town.

So think less Main Street USA and more American Graffiti.

Disney themselves would own and operate very little of the center, however they'd overlook

the design in order to standardize the look and feel of all the buildings there.

They even began to reach out to prospective businesses to work with them on emulating

their older looks from the 50s and 60s.

If the business didn't exist back then they were asked to instead emulate the style of design

that was popular for the era.

Taking a slightly different approach for the advertising, the lead up along I-95 to The

Disney Stop would trade in the subtle and authentic theming of the 1950s for large and

bold Disney related props along the road, which were described to be "like those adorning

the All-Star Resorts" in Walt Disney World.

As for the big picture, if all of this worked out, the plan was for AAA and Disney to collaborate

on an entire chain of similar rest stops across the country.

Well, it didn't work out.

When it was announced in January of 1996, Disney and AAA had an optimistic outlook.

They estimated that The Disney Stop would see as many as one and a half million guests every year.

They wanted to break ground on phase one in March, which would be comprised of the travel

center, auto service center, and a restaurant, with everything else coming later during a

second phase of construction.

With such a small start, they anticipated that the stop would be open by that same December.

There was some concern from Hardeeville in regards to the impact the project would have on their town.

After all, this was a small town of 1,500 residents, and they were faced with the prospect

of a new development that would, when completed, require over 1,400 permanent employees and

would see over a million guests a year.

While there weren't going to be any rides or amusements, it was clear that Disney had

a history of showing up in quiet rural areas and, just by means of being there, transforming

them into not-so-quiet areas.

Often the promise of new jobs is a welcome one for any town or city, but the potential

change the residents of Hardeeville were facing could have been massive.

Now I wish this is where I could give you all an exciting or dramatic turn in the plot that

spelled doom for the project, but as is often the case with endeavours like these that never

come to fruition, the ending isn't exciting or dramatic.

Through 1996, Disney struggled to finalize a contract with a developer who would be in

charge of building The Disney Stop.

The groundbreaking of March 1st would come and go with no ground broken.

By July there was still no movement on the project.

Both Disney and AAA spoke out to the press to confirm the troubles and reassure the public

that they still had interest in building a travel center there but… they never did.

After that the project just kind of fell into oblivion.

No formal cancellations.

No public delays.

No reassurances.

Nothing.

Who knows what would have happened if The Disney Stop worked out in the end.

Maybe we would all live just a short drive away from a little slice of the Disney experience.

Or maybe they'd all be long gone by now.

The Disney Stop is barely a blip when it comes to the history of the Walt Disney Company,

but it's a blip that reminds us that for every idea we see made a reality, there are

many more that are fated to just being "what ifs".

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét