Thứ Hai, 31 tháng 7, 2017

Youtube daily was Jul 31 2017

so today's sketchbook/art journal prompt is: a kitchen/bakery with

something you want. I had a lot of fun with this one just because I used to

have a daydream about owning a bakery/art gallery. it seems like a

terrible idea but it was just a thing that existed in my mind for a while. I

did actually go to college to do a pastry arts program several years ago

and not because I have a passion in baking or anything, but mostly just

because... you know, the day jobs get kind of old. and I was told that pastry

arts was technically a trade and that there was a space in the industry where

you could actually make a living wage and yada yada yada. but it turns out that

that's actually not really true. colleges cough out pastry artists at a ridiculous

rate. its really useful program, too! like, we did a whole lot of really

basic foundational stuff. but halfway through it they, you know, eventually fess

up and say "oh no, actually when you do this program you pay thousands of

dollars to learn how to do pastry arts and then you go and get more minimum-wage

jobs at your local bakery" and that was really disappointing because I already

had a minimum-wage job. why did I need togo to school to get another minimum-wage

job? so I gave up on that. um pretty much the only way that I could have made a

living wage in pastry arts was if I worked in a hotel (which I was not

adequately prepared for) or if I started my own business, and I gotta say that I

have absolutely zero interest in owning a food business. it would have to be my

whole life and I just don't have that much passion in pastry arts. but for a

while I did have this little daydream about, well, what if I did? you know, what

would it look like? it would be in this little cake shop and I would have my

artwork on the walls for sale. I would have had lots of comfy seating so

people can come - like real art type people - that would be really cool to

have a hangout spot for them. maybe even do art journal classes and things that

people generally ask me! so in my mind it seems like a really

fun thing but in reality is just like, no! no thanks!

not for me! but it was fun drawing it. it was a really good prompt for me because

I had so much to draw from . I think it would be interesting to see in a group

because then everyone would have their own idea of what the favorite pastry or

favorite meal would be. you know, I notice that I don't have any pies on the

shelf. I didn't even think of pies because I'm

not a pie person at all! I did add a whole lot of stuff that we made in the

pastry arts program and a little bit at my practicum. we got bags of cookies, got

some tiramisu, some Charlotte cake, rum balls and fruit tarts and doughnuts and

things. another thing about the acrylic paint is that I do struggle with

acrylic paint a lot. I find it slower to work with than watercolor, mostly because

of the mixing involved. I never seem to have the colors that I want when I need

them, so I have to stop painting and find tubes of paint and try to mix my colors

and just I find it to be a lot of interruptions and I hate that. and also

they didn't seem to get as opaque as I would have liked. you can still see a lot

of the original drawn lines everywhere that doesn't really bother me that much

because I do trust a viewers eye to follow the correct line. it's not a big

deal to me. and this isn't a finished painting sort of session but it does

make a fantastic art journal entry. it has immortalized

my past casual daydreams about what having a pastry shop would be like, you

know, if someone else is running it of course. the half-assed artwork on the back

of it looks like crap but maybe I'll have to go back into it some other time.

so thank you for watching this video and I will see you next time. bye

you

For more infomation >> Art Journal Page - If I was an ambitious type... - Duration: 5:22.

-------------------------------------------

Mesa hotel owner says thousands in cash and jewelry was stolen Sunday - Duration: 1:33.

For more infomation >> Mesa hotel owner says thousands in cash and jewelry was stolen Sunday - Duration: 1:33.

-------------------------------------------

Mesa hotel owner says thousands in cash and jewelry was stolen Sunday - Duration: 1:33.

For more infomation >> Mesa hotel owner says thousands in cash and jewelry was stolen Sunday - Duration: 1:33.

-------------------------------------------

Harder Than I Thought It Was - (C)Speirosmusic 2013 - Duration: 5:15.

Heading for our destination

We're part way down our road

Still can't see too far before us

But towards the horizon we go.

It's been a long, slow, painful journey

To get this far was quite a task

Broken hearts and pain we've left behind us

Yet many more will cross our paths.

It's harder than I thought it was

It's harder than I thought it was

It's harder than I thought it was

Yet I'm still here,

and you're still here,

yeah, we're still here.

Lonely times when I've travelled with none beside me

Separated from the ones I love

Ushered forward by the hand that guides me

Cooing sounds the wings of a dove.

It's harder than I thought it was

It's harder than I thought it was

It's harder than I thought it was

Yet I'm still here,

And you're still here,

Yeah, we're still here.

Some they reach their journey

How it makes me sad

Nothing left but memories we've had

Keep the gate open

Cos I'm still coming

Reach the memorial pad.

It's harder than I thought it was

It's harder than I thought it was

It's harder than I thought it was

But I'm still here,

And you're still here,

Yeah, we're still here.

It's harder than I thought it was

It's harder than I thought it was

It's harder than I thought it was

But you're still here,

And I'm still here,

Yeah, we're still here.

For more infomation >> Harder Than I Thought It Was - (C)Speirosmusic 2013 - Duration: 5:15.

-------------------------------------------

FUE RECONSTRUIDA DESPUÉS DE UN TERREMOTO/ THE CITY WHICH WAS RECONSTRUCTED AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE - Duration: 5:34.

For more infomation >> FUE RECONSTRUIDA DESPUÉS DE UN TERREMOTO/ THE CITY WHICH WAS RECONSTRUCTED AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE - Duration: 5:34.

-------------------------------------------

Co-worker remembers state fair accident victim: 'He was like my own child' - Duration: 1:52.

For more infomation >> Co-worker remembers state fair accident victim: 'He was like my own child' - Duration: 1:52.

-------------------------------------------

Special Presentation-My 2nd Great Grandmother was a good woman - Duration: 7:48.

Irwin County Georgia 1876.

Bessie was 1 year and 10 months old when her father Luke Merritt was killed.

My 3rd Great Grand Father Luke Merritt was very well to do for a 25 year old man.

But being good with women would get him in a lot of trouble!

Luke Merritt was good with women and had a lot of money.

Some men are very jealous of men who are good with women and money.

Luke Merritt was a successful farmer at the time of his death. He owned property free and clear.

The now widow Elizabeth was forced to head west to Texas in 1877 on a covered wagon with other Texas pioneers.

My second great grand parents married in 1889 in Waco Texas.

My 3rd Great Grand mother Elizabeth was forced to make difficult choices as a widow with no provider.

Men were VERY important in the 1800s and women respected men.

Back in the 1800s and early 1900s women took marriage very seriously.

Back in the 1800s and early 1900s women believed in being good house wives and pleasing their husbands.

A woman being a good wife was a skill back in the olden days.

Women were proud to be married and faithful to their husbands.

Back in the early 1900s it was very common to see Husbands and wives be married for more than 40 years.

Back in the early 1900s women valued the father of their children.

And women believed in not repeating their parents mistakes.

My 2nd Great Grand Mother Bessie lived another 28 HARD LONELY years after her husbands death as a widow.

My 2nd Great Grand Mother's hard work and sacrifices paid off.

My Grand Father was a World War II Hero against Nazi Germany.

It is women like my 2nd Great Grand Mother Bessie that helped make America great!!!!

For more infomation >> Special Presentation-My 2nd Great Grandmother was a good woman - Duration: 7:48.

-------------------------------------------

Missing NC man whose truck was driven by manhunt suspect is found dead - Duration: 0:22.

For more infomation >> Missing NC man whose truck was driven by manhunt suspect is found dead - Duration: 0:22.

-------------------------------------------

KILLJOY WAS HERE! - VINTAGE CARTOON ► HD 1080p - Duration: 12:38.

you

this gentleman is Archie airman second as of the day before yesterday and with

that new stripe came a new assignment to a new base as of the moment he's really

got it made no more cactus goats for Archie when

he's off duty from now on he's going to be stationed right next door to a real

town man my name is killjoy and I tell you it's the greatest real soft touch

and when you hit town you can make a landing with your flaps up ain't no I

lucky they are diverse around and the things oh brother

I'm the line with the engine warmed up in Wales Tainan we're a real he-man

they're ready willing and can hardly wait they don't get around much that's a

good to find out our air town stacks up with the rest of the world and listen

alright when you know what you're talking about

alright guys are good for a lot of business you're short some time just

tell them to charge it ain't no done well you're good for it

Harris inch even if they start pulling some silly local ordinance all you're

gonna do is let them know you're in the air force and I'll get pushed around by

anybody see when it comes to quarters off the base they got him but good just

the kind of a place where a bunch of guys will really know how to live

I tell you man it's a great town and I know what I'm talking about I was there

Archie is going to be there too any minute and he's really looking forward

to it a friendly town next door to an Air Force Base can make life mighty

Pleasant

it's kind of strange alright but it happens and when it does there's usually

a very good reason for it it doesn't take very long for Archie to find out

what it's all about

it just doesn't seem to make sense then a couple of days later

five miles over the limit fella where's the fire gee I'm sorry I I didn't know

no in town aren't you yeah I guess I am you see I was okay Chum you give me the

ticket and I'll take it

have some gum Chum you're looking a little nervous gr was only a couple of

miles above the speed limit as couple of miles are gonna cost you exactly 15

bucks

kind of confusing isn't it the people in the town were supposed to be so friendly

it's just like I was telling you you people haven't learnt to live yet why in

my old town we got everything nobody pulls the sidewalks in at nine o'clock

either thanks man you don't know what good-looking Dame's are where I come

from they luckier I out my treat you're right

they appreciate a man if you've been around enough to know what I mean you

ought to be glad way look at it's all we spending this time a little per section

you've got at least you could do is show a little gratitude

take it easy Sonny Boy I'm an airman and the name is killjoy see just remember

who you're talking to you know what's good for you see

it wasn't very long after that but Archie had a little routine maintenance

done on his car looks like I'm a little short you suppose maybe I could pay you

tomorrow why certainly Hank glad to do it anytime let just stop

you next time you're in town or Sando so

you don't have to worry about a thing show the job is steady in the paydays

come like clockwork

even have a yen yet and I'm not gonna wait for any procedures either well in

any case those attractive quarters off the base are still there

they can say why certainly young man there is one I can let you have you just

come right along with me hey Iron Man it's all yours if you want it it really

is too bad for Archie and from awful lot of guys just like him

one character like killjoy can certainly make life tough all that Archie wants is

to make himself to home in a perfectly reasonable responsible way wherever he

happens to be stationed and they would want him to - if they hadn't had the

unhappy experience of meeting killjoy

our cheese problem is all too familiar because there's a character named

killjoy in almost every outfit who usually gets there first and who uses

his size 13 shoes to tread on the toes of the civilian population falling up

the kind of off-duty contacts that help to make life so much more pleasant and

interesting Billy Stone no VC to be shy always fresh be let out the clean no get

out you'll get miss you reservation only

scram bud killjoy was here he'll do it every time unless he learns that his

actions are a tag that will be stuck on every airman a character like killjoy

braggart brawler deadbeat drunk and would be kazanova presents a tough

problem to the airforce and the guy who wants to get along but it isn't

insurmountable we may have troubles at times but he'll

find that he can overcome it just by being himself and taking it easy people

are people all over the world and by and large they're pretty reasonable he'll

find that they'll respond almost every time whether killjoy has been there or

not

as far as killjoy is concerned people who don't want him are entitled to

protection guys like Archie have their own ways of helping give it to them and

protecting themselves at the same time they've learned the hard way about the

kind of damage you can do and they're showing him also the hard way that he

won't be allowed to go on doing it some characters can only learn the hard way

there is no room for killjoy and the wider of birth they can give him the

better off duty hours are too valuable to share with a character who is going

to jeopardize them he's been there first too many times in too many places

neighbors around an Air Force Base are entitled to official protection - and

Air Force commanders will take whatever steps are necessary to see that they get

it a character who can only learn the hard way will be taught the hard way

wherever he is life around an airbase is getting easier and pleasanter all the

time but for killjoy it's going to keep on getting tougher and tougher

and tougher for killjoy there's only one answer and it's the same in any language

just as there's only one answer in any language for the ordinarily decent guy

who is reasonably considerate and to respect the habits and customs of his

neighbors off-duty life can be mighty Pleasant and it should be it can be a

lot simpler too if a character named killjoy never gets there

For more infomation >> KILLJOY WAS HERE! - VINTAGE CARTOON ► HD 1080p - Duration: 12:38.

-------------------------------------------

Tony & Clay | I was a fool. - Duration: 2:06.

Hey, Clay.

You want a ride home?

What the hell, Tony?

Hey, Clay.

You really don't know what's going on in someone else's life.

You would know, right?

Oh look, your boyfriend's waiting for you.

Hey, really appreciate your help.

It looks like you were a good time with your friends.

Look, if you can't trust me, Clay. I can't help you.

I was just trying to help.

Where was your help last night?

Where'd you go?

Silent treatment. Wow.

It speaks.

You lied to me.

Are you?

My partner?

I had a family thing.

That's good.

You should call the police.

Police in my neighbourhood works a little different than yours.

You're going to get through this.

I don't know if I will.

Have you ever seen a crime scene?

Have you?

I found Jeff.

Yeah. Once.

I was the first person at that accident & I found him.

What was that like?

Quiet.

Cops walking around doing their jobs.

Like it was nothing.

You needed to know,

You're my friend.

I thought you'd be here.

I think I will join you.

We don't have to waste anymore time.

Eat your food.

You know, shut up. Tony,

I get so sick of your sayings & things that you-

point out, acting all wise.

Reunite with Hannah forever?

Oh, fuck you, Tony.

You think you could've change anything?

What does that make you? Huh? God?

We'll do whatever we have to do.

You'll help me?

For more infomation >> Tony & Clay | I was a fool. - Duration: 2:06.

-------------------------------------------

If Trump's White House was the movie 'Mean Girls' - Duration: 2:28.

So it all started when this new guy, the Mooch, came along.

Spicey left the White House in a huff.

And Reince, who's Spicey's boy, was like, "What the hell?"

Sarah got promoted, of course—her dad is like a big deal.

Anyway, the Mooch wears like really nice suits and is all, "I love President Trump.

I love him."

And oh my god his hair.

So yeah.

He can do no wrong.

Meanwhile, President Trump is like totally dissing his old friends.

Jeff was like, the first one to put on the MAGA hat, but now President Trump says he's

"disappointing" and "beleaguered," which like, I don't think that's the right

use of that word?

And he even told a bunch of Boy Scouts:

"A Scout is trustworthy, loyal – we could use some more loyalty, I will tell you that."

Passive aggressive much?

Some people are saying he's trying to get Jeff to quit, but like,

Jeff is so not gonna quit.

"It's kinda hurtful.

But the president of the United States is a strong leader."

And Mad Dog and Rex, who used to hang out with President Trump all the time, are just

like, "We're outta here. Sorry. On vacation."

No, no, he doesn't even go here.

Anyway, Politico published the Mooch's financial disclosure form, and he fah-lipped out.

He's blaming Reince, he's calling the FBI, he's calling CNN.

I mean would Reince really leak that?

"So if Reince wants to explain that he's not a leaker, let him do that."

This is when things got really real.

The Mooch basically recited his entire burn book to Ryan Lizza.

He's like, threatening to kill everyone spreading rumors in President Trump's group.

He said Reince was a paranoid schizophrenic, and Bannon was—actually I can't repeat that,

but it was gross.

Just google it.

Meanwhile, Miss Murkowski and Miss Collins are over at the Capitol having to deal with

actual stuff, like health care.

And Blake's like, I would fight them if they were dudes.

But we caught Miss Collins saying Blake was ugly—

"I don't mean to be unkind, but he's so unattractive."

—so whatever.

Back to the Mooch.

Here's the best part.

Everyone is like, "Dude.

It's called an 'Executive Branch Personnel Public Financial Disclosure

Report.'

It's PUBLIC.

Like, duh."

But the Mooch just pretended he didn't hear that.

He was all, "I made a mistake in trusting a reporter.

It won't happen again."

But like, what did the White House communications director expect?

Do you even know what "on the record" means?

And in the middle of this whole thing, Sarah's just like, "Let's read a letter from Pickle!"

Like what?

Stop trying to make Pickle happen, Sarah.

Omigod, look at Twitter.

Reince is out.

Now there's a new new guy.

For more infomation >> If Trump's White House was the movie 'Mean Girls' - Duration: 2:28.

-------------------------------------------

What if I was a college drop out | UdayEdits - Duration: 1:00.

Too much of work from morning!!

Hey who all drank Tea now ?? First pay for it!!

Sir you want Tea? okay will give !!

If you concentrate on your studies then you will work inside the IT Park

If you become a drop out then you will end up outside the IT Park like me

Sir!! You need big filter or small filter :P

Ya will do it !!

You are a Manager right?

Found you out when you spoke about filtering!!

For more infomation >> What if I was a college drop out | UdayEdits - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

#Barkley was the next big thing at Everton... but what happens next? - Duration: 7:15.

Chelsea and Tottenham target who has split the opinion of Toffees supporters?

For all the excitement around seven new signings – and the promise of three more to come – one name has dominated Everton discussion this week. Ross Barkley is the centre of attention.

He will not kick another ball in a Royal Blue shirt, with Ronald Koeman having made it clear in his press conference ahead of the Europa League tie with FC Ruzomberok that it was 100 per cent he would be sold in this window.

Some Evertonians are shedding no tears and are fully behind their managers hard stance. Others feel deeply disappointed that an Academy graduate, for whom there was tremendous hope, will take the next steps in his career away from his boyhood club.

But how did it get to this point where a relationship became fractured beyond repair? Sportsmail looks at how the story unfolded and what the future holds for one of the most talked about young players in the Premier League.

How did it come to this?.

If Barkleys time as an Everton player under Roberto Martinez was filled with unrelenting praise and positivity – and some remarkable comparisons – early notice was served under Koeman that any platitudes would have to be earned.

Before the start of last season, Koeman left no ambiguity in terms of what he expected.

Asked whether the chastening experience he suffered at Euro 2016 had left a mark – Barkley was isolated by Roy Hodgson and never got on the pitch – the Dutchman was blunt.

Ive spoken to everyone, about football, about their position in the team and how we train, Koeman said on August 13. I have contact with everyone. But, okay, I have spoken with him. He is a very good player.

But Ive told him how I see Ross Barkley and where he needs to improve..

The early signs were good. Barkley got Evertons goal in the opening day draw against Tottenham, the third time in four years he had scored in the first game but, slowly, the mood began to change.

He was dragged off at half-time against Sunderland, dropped for a game at Manchester City.

Everton had planned to give Barkley a new deal after the transfer window closed but the situation dragged and by Christmas, when Koeman publicly questioned whether the 23-year-old would ever realise his potential, discussions were placed on hold.

Koeman made a vow after that not to talk about Barkley in public and the temperature thawed; he rejigged the team and played Barkley in a more advanced position and his best form came in the early New Year but the mood wasnt sustained.

When it became apparent that Barkley would not sign a new contract and had rejected the offer he had been made, Koeman decided enough was enough. He would take Everton in one direction and Barkley could pursue another challenge.

The first thing to say is this is a sad situation.

The hope for Barkley, who used to run six miles from his home in Wavertree to Evertons Finch Farm training base during his time at The Academy, was that he would develop from a local hero into a true club legend.

Barkley is big and strong; when he plays on instinct and his confidence is soaring, he is a joy to behold and capable of providing moments that, in his words, gets fans out of their seats.

He can shoot with both feet and glide past challenges. For that reason, Everton valued him at £50million. When the figure became public on May 16, as Sportsmail reported, eyebrows were raised.

His form hadnt been good enough and critics pointed out that only three of his 21 career Premier League goals had come against top six sides.

Everton, though, have never sold cheaply and regardless of how long Barkley had on his contract, they would not give him away.

Yet whether they can command a fee in that region is doubtful, given how final and blunt Koeman was on Wednesday.

There will be no swift conclusion to this narrative but a number of chairman and negotiators will be watching events and preparing to come with an offer; Barkley might split opinion but he is an appealing prospect to several clubs.

Where does he go? . Eyes will have rolled when the names of Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United were added to that of Tottenham in the light of Koemans revelation.

The argument being put forward is that he wouldnt get into any of those starting XIs. Some will wonder about why Tottenham want him, too, when they already have Dele Alli.

On the form he showed at the end of last season, he wouldnt get into any of those teams and not even his biggest fan could argue otherwise.

But here is the thing: he ticks a lot of boxes in terms of being attractive to potential buyers.

He is at the right age, he is home-grown and has many of the attributes required to excel in the Premier League; a number of managers will relish the challenge of lighting the spark with in him.

Pochettino, for one, can see potential. Antonio Conte is an admirer – as he is of his team-mate Tom Davies. Jose Mourinho considered bringing him to Chelsea during the summer of 2014 when Manchester City were quoted a £50million transfer fee.

The eventual cost of him leaving Goodison Park will not be that high but the next move has to be right.

He will be 24 in December and the days of him being viewed as a player of potential will be gone. Wherever he goes next, this has to be the season when Barkley delivers. .

For more infomation >> #Barkley was the next big thing at Everton... but what happens next? - Duration: 7:15.

-------------------------------------------

Was Dana texting when Jon Jones KO'd Cormier (Corner Audio) - Duration: 1:07.

Cormier corner: Half way through the round he's falling down. Let's go.

hands up.

get up TC get up T.C up, up, up, up, up, up

up T C, Up

Up T C, Up T C

son of a bitch

caught us with a good clean kick

we can't say shit about it.

Snoop Cast: Rock a bye baby on the tree top

Dan Cormier is sad.

laughing, ha ha ha ha ha.

Still crying..................

For more infomation >> Was Dana texting when Jon Jones KO'd Cormier (Corner Audio) - Duration: 1:07.

-------------------------------------------

My Sandals Was Loyalty - (Action Short Film, Indonesia) - Duration: 11:34.

For more infomation >> My Sandals Was Loyalty - (Action Short Film, Indonesia) - Duration: 11:34.

-------------------------------------------

His Daughter Was A Victim Of Sex Trafficking, But Dad Says He Doesn't Care For Details - Duration: 1:42.

so a year ago, she ran and

She wound up

with someone

that put her

Into prostitution correct yes, and so at the time she was 15 right. Yes

Do you know the details of that?

the exact details, I don't

Didn't you say you don't want to know I know the big picture of it. I haven't

cared to

get intimate with the details of it because it it's

horrific

You know it's something that's happened right now again

Yeah, do you think maybe if you had gotten intimate with the details of it you might be?

more motivated to

Rescue her from this now because here's what I'm looking at. I'm looking at you're telling me that you have a daughter a

Minor 16 years old that has run away for reasons. I don't yet understand

and

We know that when she when she ran away before she got forced into prostitution

And this was a very ugly and dangerous existence

That's what happened a year ago, and she has run back to that

So something's going on here

That this girl would rather run towards that than stay in

This environment controlled by the two of you

For more infomation >> His Daughter Was A Victim Of Sex Trafficking, But Dad Says He Doesn't Care For Details - Duration: 1:42.

-------------------------------------------

#Schwere Knieverletzungen bei Testroet: „Alles kaputt, was kaputt sein kann" - Duration: 2:19.

For more infomation >> #Schwere Knieverletzungen bei Testroet: „Alles kaputt, was kaputt sein kann" - Duration: 2:19.

-------------------------------------------

Was hilft gegen die Sommergrippe? - Duration: 3:36.

For more infomation >> Was hilft gegen die Sommergrippe? - Duration: 3:36.

-------------------------------------------

Here's why Game of Thrones' Theon Greyjoy was right to ditch Yara | GOTS 7 - Duration: 6:42.

Here's why Game of Thrones' Theon Greyjoy was right to ditch Yara

Poor old Theon. Given the choice between certain death and saving his skin, hed barely leapt from Yaras boat and into the precious safety of the sea before fans were dissing him on Twitter.

But, legit, what choice did he have? Theon was stood facing one of Game of Thrones most insane villains, a villain who was holding a bad-ass battle-axe (Kraken-themed, possibly made of Valyrian steel) to his sisters throat.

Challenged to come and get her, Theon did what all sensible people should do – run away (well, jump away, but you get the point).

Look, we love our siblings, and to be honest, wed probably run towards an axe, a gun or a White Walker if they were being threatened, but were idiots.

Theon sized up the situation, realised that if he made any move towards Euron, his sisters throat would be slit wider than the Jokers smile (speaking of which, is anyone else getting a Joker vibe, including the creepy laugh, from Euron this season?), and decided to scarper instead.

Okay, so theres a small chance extreme cowardice played into the situation. After all, Theon did seem to transform back into Reek (the post-trauma submissive slave of Ramsay Snow) before our very eyes (brilliantly performed by Alfie Allen – someone give that man an Emmy) and Reek isnt exactly renowned throughout the land for his brave deeds.

But lets look at Reeks history. Theon was a prisoner of the Starks and despised by his own father. When he tried to prove himself by laying siege to Winterfell, he acted dishonourably and foolishly, getting himself into more trouble.

Captured by Ramsay Snow, he was tortured mercilessly, both physically (he was castrated) and (through twisted mind games) mentally.

Through that process, Theon was renamed and reformed, gradually transforming into Reek, whose entire body seemed twisted into a scared hunch, animated only by twitches and flinches of fear.

Reek was so traumatised by his treatment at the hands of Ramsay, he turned down his sister Yaras rescue, choosing to stay with his tormentor instead of fleeing to safety, fearing the consequences of escape far more than his current situation.

If Reek cant even accept help from his sister, what are his chances of being brave enough to save her? Sure, Theon saved Sansa (and himself) from Ramsay, but that was during Theons return, not at Reeks height.

After episode 2 Stormborn aired, show runners David Benioff and DB Weiss put things into perspective.

Wed maybe fooled ourselves into thinking that Theon was out of the woods on his whole Reek experience, and as we were writing it, we realised that you just dont get over what happened to him, Weiss said. Thats something thats going to be a part of him for the rest of his life. And this is a place that triggers the worst of that experience.

When Euron has his sister, and Theon can try to rescue her, you know, against all the odds, he cant do it, Benioff added. Just the look on her face, that look of being betrayed and the look on his face, hes falling apart again.

And thats something thats important to remember ahead of the next episode: Theon has fallen apart, and Reek is back. Were not sure how long hell stay, but you can expect the repercussions from what happened on that boat to last at least until the end of the season.

We respect Benioff and Weiss for not going down the typical redeemed hero arc; PTSD isnt overcome easily, if ever – and Theons reactions in that scene were easily identifiable for people who have suffered from it: the sense of panic, the uncontrollable spasms, the fight or flight impulse.

But ignoring all the Reek stuff, lets look at that scene logically. Theons actions may have inadvertently saved Yara. If he had charged, Euron would have killed her – and then Theon.

If he can kill the Sand Snakes (who might be lame on the show, but theyre still great fighters) without breaking a sweat, were pretty sure he can take out his niece and nephew.

By jumping ship, Theon allowed Euron to take Yara as a prisoner. Possibly so that he could use Yara to mock Theon, and Theon to mock Yara in the future, but still – his actions mean theyre both still alive, so thats something at least.

And, before we close this, were definitely not saying that Theon should have ditched Yara because we dont like Yara.

Yaras awesome, and brilliantly portrayed by the hugely underrated Gemma Whelan (were looking forward to seeing her interact with Euron next week – we suspect well get to see more of Eurons nasty side that book readers are very familiar with).

Its because we like Theon, we pity Reek, and were hoping he gets picked up by Gendry – who is still out there rowing around, after all – so another redemption arc can begin.

Until then, go easy on the poor guy.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét