Thứ Tư, 31 tháng 5, 2017

Youtube daily Lifestyle May 31 2017

Welcome to the Lavendaire Lifestyle, the podcast on lifestyle design for millennials.

I'm Aileen and I'm here to guide you to become a master artist of life.

Every Sunday you'll get new insight and inspiration on how to create your dream life.

After the episode, the conversation continues in our Lavendaire Lifestyle Facebook group,

so I can't wait to see you there.

Life is an art, make it your masterpiece.

Hi everyone!

It's Aileen.

Welcome back to The Lavendaire Lifestyle.

Today I have a super special guest on the show.

I am stoked.

Her name is Sara Dietschy, and if you don't know who she is, check out her YouTube channel

right now.

Sara Dietschy is a filmmaker and online personality from New York City.

She creates inspiring video content for her self-titled YouTube channel which now has

over 170,000 subscribers.

Sara's passion for the creative community inspires her to create travel vlogs, photo

and video tutorials, documentary shorts (like Creative Spaces TV), and interview series

that aim to explain the where and how behind creative life.

When she's not drinking La Croix or making YouTube videos, she's most likely watching

YouTube videos, just like me.

[1:21] Aileen: Hi Sara!

Sara: Hi guys!

Thank you for having me on!

Aileen: I'm so excited.

And like I was saying earlier, I learned so much from you in terms of editing, color-grading.

Thank you for sharing what you do.

Sara: Of course!

Aileen: Like adjustment layers?

Sara: Yes, that's life-changing.

Life-changing, right?

Aileen: It changed my life!

Oh my goodness.

Sara: It's so fun, because you know I love to do entertaining stuff like vlogs and things,

but it's always so cool to share what other people have taught me and YouTube is such

a good tool for that.

So that means so much that it's helped you!

Aileen: Yeah!

No, seriously, anyone out there who's into video editing, check out Sara Dietschy's channel

because a lot of knowledge there.

So I want to ask you: What got you into filmmaking?

Where does all this knowledge and background come from?

Sara: It starts with embarrassing middle school and high school projects.

I was always a person, whenever the teacher presented the class with a project–maybe

it was specifically to make a video or to write a report–I would always aim it towards,

"How about I make a video?"

And specifically, I made a fair amount of rap music videos, educational rap music videos.

There's still one out there on the internet that actually has so many views.

It's so embarrassing.

But it's basically me rapping to a song that we rewrote.

It's called "The Law of Supply and Demand".

Basically, we made this rap song and we taught about economics and there would always be

a video attached to that.

So I really learned how to edit through school projects, and it was just so fun.

So I didn't really get into filming until after high school.

I never had my own camera equipment.

I used my dad's Canon T3i.

Yeah, it all started with school and just figuring out creative outlets within the public

school system.

Sometimes it was hard but all my teachers were super rad and were always like, "Heck

yeah!

Do it!"

So that was always extremely fun.

So that was kind of my way into it and I played in a band.

I played electric guitar for over ten years.

Aileen: Oh, that's so cool!

I didn't know that.

Sara: Yeah!

Once I started really getting more into music in high school and you know, "We need a music

video.

We need a promo video for our show."

That, alongside of the high school projects, really kind of kicked things off and that's

where I started to find my passion in video.

[3:49] Aileen: I love that!

So did you start your YouTube channel then?

When did YouTube come into the picture?

Sara: My first YouTube video ever was in 2011.

I was a junior in high school and it was about a guitar pedal.

Basically, guitar pedals are just a box that makes your guitar signal either sound fuzzy

or do something special with it.

And I wanted to sell it.

It was kind of a rare pedal.

So I was like, "This YouTube thing.

I feel like, if I made a video, put it on the YouTube, people would see it and someone

will buy this guitar pedal."

So I did that and it was the first time that I realized, "Wow, this internet thing.

There's actually people out there."

Because I automatically got 3,000 hits.

And I was so blown away by that.

I was like, "Okay, I put this in a Craigslist ad and people from the internet are already

finding it organically through YouTube.

What is this about?"

That was kind of my first exposure to this world of online video and the fact that there's

these people on the other side of the screen searching out your content, finding it.

So that was my first YouTube video ever, was just that.

I made some other stuff more centered around music, so really it all started with music

and that's how I really fell in love with video maybe over photography or something,

just because you're putting images to music a lot of the time.

So I think that's where I get, also, more of my video editing style.

It's very around music and editing to music, so it's been a huge part of my life.

Aileen: I love that.

It's funny because I didn't know that.

I didn't tell you, but actually, I started YouTube in high school from music as well.

I was singing, playing piano, doing cover songs and stuff, but that was longer ago.

Sara: I feel like everyone I know–I feel like everyone has this past of having all

these cover music videos somewhere on the internet.

Aileen: Right?

Yeah, it was so much fun and it really taught a lot of people about video and editing and

stuff.

Sara: That's amazing.

[5:45] Aileen: You have Creative Spaces TV, which

is super cool, on your channel.

Can you talk about what made you start that series?

Sara: Creative Spaces TV started out of something that I wanted to watch.

I remember loving MTV Cribs.

I would always watch MTV Cribs, but while watching I was like, "I don't care what's

in their refrigerator.

I want to see what is on their desk.

What are they shooting these things with?

How do they make the music that they make?

If they're musicians, how do they film what they film?"

I was definitely just interested in the spaces, the offices, the tools that creators use to

create.

And I didn't really see anything out there.

And during that time was also–I watched this video.

It was on Gizmodo.

It was a three-part series of a dude by the name of Casey Neistat.

He only had about 150,000 subscribers on YouTube at the time.

And I was watching this Gizmodo studio tour, and I was blown away.

I was like, "Oh my gosh, wait.

Are there more of these?

I want to know more of this.

I want to know how creators create."

And so it kind of came out of those two things: MTV Cribs and seeing that studio tour of a

person who would later actually have a lot of influence in my video career.

I was like, "Wow, if no one's making this, why don't I?"

And I was really looking for a project that would give me more credibility because I was

making travel vlogs and things, but I was always very interested in documentary filmmaking.

But I never had a project that could really prove that I could do it.

And so I saw it as an opportunity to 1) meet amazing, creative people, and 2) just to have

this series that can use as a case to maybe get jobs in video or could just be a good

example of "Look I can do this, and I can use season 1 as something to show bigger and

better creative people that I can get for the next season."

And so on and so forth.

So yeah, I just started it.

I saw it as a way–At the time, I only had 1,000-2,000 subscribers when I first started

Creative Spaces TV.

And I really needed ways to reach beyond my audience.

And making something and providing value to someone else–these people who are interviewing,

they had tons of friends and maybe a little bit of a social following and their family

got hyped on the video I made for them, so it was making something for someone and really

connecting with their spheres of influence.

With every video I made, it was expanding my circle just a little bit more.

And you know, looking back, it did so many epic things for me, not on hindsight.

But it made me a better filmmaker.

It made me a better interneter.

And it made me just a better human.

I met so many awesome people.

Aileen: There's so many good points that I want to pull out of this because 1) I think

you're so smart to do that because yes, it did build your credibility because I, like

many people, found your channel through that "How to Casey Neistat a Vlog," but it was

really the Creative Spaces TV where I'm like, "Whoa.

This girl knows what she's doing.

It looks professional and–" I don't know it's just a smart thing for you to do.

So, other creatives out there, take note and do something like this.

Not the same idea, but create stuff where you can expand your sphere of influence.

That's what you said, right?

Sara: Yeah, thank you.

It's something that really stuck with me, what Casey himself said, after he saw the

video I made about him, he was like, "This 'How to Casey Neistat a Vlog', it's funny,

it's good.

But the backlog of content that she already has on her channel is quality."

So it's not only, I think, if you're doing anything in the social sphere, it's 1) yes,

think about what is the type of content that's gonna put you in front of new faces and new

people.

But then at the same time, you have to make sure that you're making the content that you

really care about and that's gonna keep your audience.

Because yes, you might make a viral something, but if you don't have anything on your channel

or Instagram or whatever that's not gonna keep the people there, then that's pointless.

Aileen: That's such a good tip because everyone's just trying to make viral content, but you

have to make good content too, stuff that you want to watch.

Sara: Yeah, totally.

Aileen: For people out there who don't know: Sara made a viral, super viral video, "How

to Casey Neistat a Vlog" that Casey Neistat saw and talked about.

So it just blew up, right?

Sara: Yeah, yeah, it has like 1.5 million views.

[10:06] Aileen: Yeah!

So how was it to meet him, by the way?

I saw that you met him.

Sara: Yeah, amazing.

That kind of just started a relationship with him very just maybe back-and-forth a little

bit on Twitter.

And then we started going to the same conferences and stuff and were able to develop a relationship

off of the internet, like actually in real life.

And you know, it's so cool to–someone who's one of your heroes to be able to casually

call them your friend.

That's crazy.

And he's just killing it on all accounts at all times.

Still, to this day, it's crazy to have just one of those people that you really look up

to, to say amazing words and validate your work.

It's amazing.

Aileen: I'm curious: Have you learned anything from him?

What's one thing you can share?

Maybe it was something that surprised you or whatever.

Sara: Let's see.

It's not surprising, but something that I think just really hits home with everything

he does, and it's an awesome message that he spreads with every single vlog he makes,

is if you want to get to Point B, if you have that goal in your head, wherever you need

to go in life, what's in between Point A and Point B?

It's the work.

It's the work.

And I think he does such a great job of, through all of the content he makes, he makes it fun

but he also shows that.

Meeting him in real life and having conversations with him, he's not just all talk.

He lives it, he breathes it.

And it's insanely inspiring.

[11:42] Aileen: That's so cool.

So it's about the work.

The actual work you put in.

So you upload quite frequently.

I think you upload daily, right?

Sara: Yes.

I upload every weekday, so five uploads a week, Monday through Friday.

I try to hit that 8:00 PM EST.

It's more for me, so I don't wait until midnight to post it.

But yeah, five days a week.

Aileen: I'm curious.

How do you balance that?

What's your schedule like?

Do you feel like you're always chasing that 8:00 PM time, like you're stressed out 7:00

PM?

Sara: Yes, yes.

I'm a very last minute person.

It's funny you're asking me this because this week is the first week that I actually took

time on the weekend.

I filmed a little bit ahead, because pretty much ever since high school, college, I was

the same with schoolwork.

I was always a very last-minute worker.

But because of that, that's why I kind of wanted to push my limits a little bit more

with five uploads instead of Monday-Wednesday-Friday that I was doing previously.

Because I find, when I just fill all of my time or most of my time with work, that really

pushes out the time that I would to procrastinate.

I found that it doesn't change a lot from uploading more videos because now, just that

time that maybe I'd be watching two Netflix shows or something, I'm just editing another

video.

It's not necessarily I upped my work, so it's not necessarily degrading my quality of life.

It's just fitting in more work.

I feel like there's always room to maybe be less on Twitter or less on Instagram.

The value that I'm getting from posting more and having more opportunities to see my stuff,

I've found, is so worth it.

But yeah, it's an ever-evolving process.

I never have things truly figured out.

But I think the goal, always, is to be able to be ahead a little bit.

And I'm working towards that slowly.

Aileen: No, that's good!

I think that's already–you're doing really well already, five videos a week, because

I would run out of ideas on like what to vlog, you know, because I'm just at home.

So I don't know how you do it.

Sara: Where are you based out of?

Aileen: I'm in LA.

Sara: Oh, awesome.

Aileen: A little outside of LA, but West coast.

Sara: [inaudible]

Aileen: Yeah!

Whenever you're back, definitely.

Sara: I'll hit you up, girl.

We'll hang out.

Let's take a break, because I want to tell you about BetterHelp.

Have you ever been interested in seeing a professional therapist?

Maybe you've found that counseling is too expensive, time-consuming, inconvenient and

inaccessible.

Well, BetterHelp is a better way to do counseling.

BetterHelp is an online website that provides easy, discreet and affordable access to professional

counseling from a licensed therapist.

Now, you can speak with a licensed therapist online – via message, live chat, phone or

video.

Lavendaire Lifestyle listeners get a free trial to BetterHelp, so after you sign up,

BetterHelp will match you with one of their 2,000 licensed therapists in 24 hours or less.

Get feedback, advice and guidance from a professional, so that you can live your best life.

Go to: lavendaire.com/betterhelp to start your free trial today.

The link is also in the show notes.

Alright – back to the podcast.

[14:49] Aileen: Okay, so I also wrote down this question,

but you might have answered it.

But maybe you have something else you want to say.

What would you say is the most challenging part of what you do?

Sara: The most challenging part is probably the most rewarding part, and it is the feedback.

It's the best thing in the world because I've been able to develop this amazing community,

internet community of Peachy fans and they're amazing.

It's a ton of creative, next-level human beings who are trying to achieve their dreams and

who are doing it right alongside me.

So every single day, I get to have encouraging conversations with people who watch my stuff

and it's amazing.

But it's also the most challenging thing because it's the internet, and you're not always gonna

have–It's not always gonna be rainbows and butterflies.

So dealing with just that little bit of hate, one negative comment can completely wreck

a hundred positive comments if you let it.

So that's something, especially, that I've been kind of having to push through.

And it has been a big challenge recently as I'm making stuff that's growing my channel

and I've kind of hit a pace where I'm growing at a good pace, and my stuff is being served

up in the YouTube algorithm and things.

But with that comes people who maybe aren't aware of where I've come from, what my story

is, what I've been doing on YouTube for the past four years.

So they kind of just get this screenshot of the video that they watch, and they will leave

a nasty comment or something.

And as much as I deflect those things, there's still one or two that always get under your

skin.

Every day, it's kind of a–It has to be a conscious decision of "Okay, you looked through

the comments.

Cool.

That's a part of your job.

Don't dwell on it."

And it's something that's so easy–You talk to other people who maybe don't have an internet

job and the answer is the same every time and it's "Just don't focus on it.

They don't matter.

Just ignore it.

Ignore it, ignore it, ignore it."

And that's true.

That is the best thing to do.

But at the same time, it's so annoying to hear because they don't, at all, understand

what it feels like.

So yeah, that's something definitely that is a challenge every single day.

But every single time I do choose to focus on the positivity, it's the best thing ever.

When you're in the moment, you want to hit back at people.

You want to have these little hissy fits online.

But every time that I chose to just breathe and maybe focus on a positive comment that

someone has left, it's the hardest thing in the world.

But it truly is the best thing you can do.

But that will always be a challenge.

I think, if you create content online, if you create any type of art, you will have

to butt heads with those people who oftentimes don't have a clue what it's like to create.

Aileen: Exactly.

Sara: Because those are usually the haters.

You just gotta move on.

Aileen: Because those people, they don't know you.

They're just browsing by.

I can totally relate because this happens.

If you have a video that is more popular, you just get a lot of strangers coming by

on your channel and–The way I think about it is like, "These people, they're here and

then they're gone.

They don't know me.

I don't know them.

Whatever."

I try to brush it off, but … It's true, because some can hurt you deep.

It just depends on what they say.

Sara: 100%.

Sometimes there's the trolls and you can just ignore it because they're trolls.

But then other times, they really hit home on things that are just … It's hard.

Aileen: You know what?

I think it's the times when you feel like there's a little truth in what they say, and

then you're like, "Oh shit, am I really like that?"

And you question yourself.

Yeah, it's the insecurities that you have to learn to work through.

Sara: 100%.

[18:38] Aileen: Let's talk about your future.

I'm so excited.

What are you planning ahead for your channel, for your life?

What do you want to do?

Sara: Big question!

Aileen: Yeah!

I'm wondering!

Where are you gonna take Sara Dietschy?

Sara: So I definitely still see myself in New York City for a good amount of time.

I love the city so much.

And I'm always going to be so passionate about YouTube, and that will forever be my main

source of content creation.

But there's definitely things that I'm really looking forward to.

One little thing is: I recently went to Cuba.

I came back with enough stuff to actually form my first documentary that's gonna be

like 50 minutes, which I'm really excited about.

I've done a lot of documentary filmmaking but it's always been these 15- to 20-minute

short docuseries things.

So I think that's a super exciting challenge for me to make something.

At the beginning, I was like, "Okay, documentaries are maybe like 90 minutes."

But I can't even sit down and watch something an hour and a half, so I'm like, "You know

what?

Challenge accepted.

I'm gonna make an entertaining 45-minute video."

So I'm really excited about that.

And seeing just how I can take some of my creative concepts and shows to different platforms,

I think, I don't know what that means yet, but just collaborating with the right people

to really scale what I've done on my YouTube channel.

Taking those concepts from Creative Spaces TV, and also just kind of my life in New York

City vlogging, and merging those worlds and potentially making it into something that

involves actual people outside of me, to where I can be filmed interacting with these different

creators and showing you their journey, showing you their space.

Do that in a way that helps me maybe gain a different audience and a bigger audience

that's maybe somewhere not on YouTube.

That definitely excites me and something that I'm pursuing full-force this next year.

And there's just a lot–I feel like every single week I'm meeting someone so talented

and new into my life who's doing something creative.

Just collaborations ahead.

It's an exciting time.

It's fun.

Aileen: That sounds super exciting.

Documentary filmmaking on a bigger level outside of YouTube, which is cool because what you're

doing now, vlogging is basically documenting your life, right?

Sara: Exactly, exactly.

[21:12] Aileen: That's super cool.

So last question: Do you have any advice for young, aspiring filmmakers or vloggers out

there?

Sara: This is something that I say so much so it might be getting old.

But it's something I so truly believe is just when in doubt, keep creating.

Keep creating.

Keep pushing through those barriers because every time that I've made a huge breakthrough

in the creative space I'm in, directly on the other side of that was just chaos, utter

chaos.

So many reasons that I shouldn't be making that video, so many reasons I shouldn't be

going to this networking party or something, so many reasons to not meet with that person.

But once I do and once I actually put in the work and recognize what my priorities are

and just go full steam ahead, once you're on the other side and you see the results

of you just putting your head down and working, it is so, so worth it.

Yeah, you can be creative with any job and oftentimes you're gonna have doubts.

You're gonna have doubts about your own talent.

You're gonna have doubts that come from other people's opinions on your work and the goal

is not to dwell on it but to just keep pressing on.

Do not bail before that breakthrough.

It can be so close and you don't even know it until you hit it, and then once you're

on the other side, you're like, "Oh wow.

I'm so glad that happened."

The video that changed my life that we talked about earlier, "How to Casey Neistat a Vlog",

I was so insecure about that video.

I almost didn't post it because of what I thought I looked like on the intro of that

video.

And I'm so glad I posted it, obviously.

Aileen: Me too!

Sara: And so I think it's just little insecurities, little challenges you have to take one step

at a time and just keep moving forward.

You just gotta keep pressing on because it's the only thing you can do.

Aileen: Create, create, and put your work out there even if it's not perfect, right?

Even if you don't feel great about it.

Sara: You can't wait for perfect because that's never gonna come.

Aileen: What if you don't have inspiration, though?

Sara: No, yeah–

Aileen: One more question.

Sara: No, it's a good question because that's always a question I can't answer because I

truly think, when it comes to finding what you're truly passionate about in life, that

has to be such a big soul-searching process on your inner things.

If you're lost and you don't feel inspired and you don't think you're doing what you

should be doing right now, you have no right to complain about it if you're not out there

trying things.

I recently said in this interview I did too, is just when you're doing something you hate,

it really pushes you into what you love.

When I was in college–And the point of that is, even if you don't have a job that you

love, even if you don't have something that you absolutely love that you're doing, don't

just sit around.

Try things.

Try new jobs.

Try going to different events.

Just try, try, try.

Even if it's something that you're not liking, you're still doing something, you're still

meeting people, you're still figuring out things that you don't like so you don't have

to dwell on that anymore.

When I was in college and pursuing electrical engineering, it took me three years of college

to figure out that is so not what I want to do.

But at the same time, when I hated my life doing my electrical engineering homework,

I was really being pushed into video and I was figuring that out.

And I was pursuing these small video jobs on the side.

And I was really figuring out "Wow, I actually enjoy this.

This is something I can do."

And I was just doing.

I was doing my electrical engineering homework and I was doing video edits and I was doing

YouTube.

I was pursuing passion projects.

I was pursuing jobs.

I was working with clients.

And then I was also dealing with the bureaucracy that is college and all of the things that

was that.

I wouldn't change it for the world because I learned so many unique lessons within each

of those experiences that have now just become some of who I am today.

Aileen: That is such great advice.

I agree 1000%.

You have to keep trying and doing, doing.

While you're taking action, you figure it out.

Sara: Exactly.

Aileen: Yes.

Thank you so, so much for being on the podcast.

I love this episode.

Sara: Thank you for having me.

Aileen: Yeah!

I loved it.

So everyone out there, check out Sara Dietschy on YouTube.

It's spelled S-A-R-A D-I-E-T-S-C-H-Y.

Did I spell it right?

Sara: You can look up 'Sara Peachy'.

It's easier.

Aileen: Okay, oh my god, that's a good one.

So look up 'Sara Peachy'.

Sara: There you go.

Aileen: And you'll find her channel.

And check her out on Instagram.

Her Instagram's beautiful.

Where else can they find you?

Sara: Yeah!

I think YouTube, Instagram, Twitter.

It's all [inaudible] having a terrible name like 'Dietschy'.

I have all the same handles everywhere.

Definitely, if you just Google 'Sara Peachy'.

'Sara Dietschy', if you can spell it, you'll definitely find me.

I'm everywhere.

Aileen: And I'll put the links down below in the blog post and you'll see it in this

title, so obviously you'll know how to spell it.

Alright, thank you guys!

Bye!

Alright, that's it for today's episode.

Thank you so much for listening to The Lavendaire Lifestyle.

If you like the podcast, please show your support by leaving a review on iTunes.

It helps me so much.

It also helps other people find the show.

You can also catch me on YouTube and Instagram at @lavendaire, where I have even more content

for the Artist of Life.

Alright, love you all.

Bye!

For more infomation >> Sara Dietschy Interview on The Lavendaire Lifestyle Podcast Ep. 36 | YouTube & Filmmaking - Duration: 26:41.

-------------------------------------------

Roman Reigns LifeStory, Net Worth, Income, Luxurious LifeStyle, Family, Car, House - Duration: 3:10.

Roman Reigns LifeStyle

For more infomation >> Roman Reigns LifeStory, Net Worth, Income, Luxurious LifeStyle, Family, Car, House - Duration: 3:10.

-------------------------------------------

Parineeti Chopra House, Cars, Lifestyle and Net worth - Duration: 4:48.

Parineeti Chopra House

Parineeti Chopra House, Cars, Lifestyle and Net worth.

For more infomation >> Parineeti Chopra House, Cars, Lifestyle and Net worth - Duration: 4:48.

-------------------------------------------

Wonderful Street Art in Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam Lifestyle - Duration: 11:06.

Thanks for watching, please subscribe for more videos.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét