Thứ Tư, 29 tháng 11, 2017

Youtube daily don Nov 29 2017

*Me moving around for some reason* Also I hope you guys like my legs

*More moving around*

*Me failing at this hard but not really hard subgame in Rhythm Heaven for the DS (but I'm using a DSi)*

*more complete and total failure*

*literal definition of failure*

*even more of me sucking PP at this game*

Fin.

The end.

THE END ALREADY JESUS

For more infomation >> Don't watch this please this is just a test - Duration: 0:20.

-------------------------------------------

Angela ! don't, don't, DON'T - Duration: 0:06.

For more infomation >> Angela ! don't, don't, DON'T - Duration: 0:06.

-------------------------------------------

don't cry baby Lol - Duration: 6:05.

For more infomation >> don't cry baby Lol - Duration: 6:05.

-------------------------------------------

FAKE English Words Used in FRENCH That Don't Really Exist (PART 2)! Anglicisms Gone Wrong! 🇨🇵😜 - Duration: 7:59.

Salut YouTube welcome back I'm back with a brand new video as promised every week

and if you're new here my name is Rosie and I'm in New Zealander living in

France and I do videos mostly about French culture life in France tips for

expats living abroad that kind of thing as well as some New Zealand culture

related stuff as well and some travel videos too and if you haven't subscribed

yet you definitely should because my subscribers are awesome alright all that

said and done let's get started with this video which is anglicisms gone

wrong in French and this is actually part two of this video series so if you

haven't seen part one yet I'll link that in a card just up here or I'll put the

link down in the description box below as well so the first Anglicism that I

wanted to touch on is the word un standing or a standing obviously saying

a standing doesn't mean much in English you can say a standing ovation

but not just a standing by itself and this English word when you're using it

in French actually means high quality or deluxe so you may talk about a nice

hotel as having a standing for example I guess we say things have a high standing

in English which would probably be a close equivalent so number two are some

words for shoes so you've got des basket and these are not baskets as we know and

love these are sneakers and you also have

des tennis so tennises I guess in English which are tennis shoes or court

shoes number three is a string and when we think of the string we just think

literally of a piece of string but be careful because in French when you say a

string you mean a g-string number four is le training and when you say

training in this context it really isn't like a training like I went on a

training I had fun at the training it actually means a track suit so if you

watch the video number one you know that you can put on a training to go footing

number five is a pull which is actually a throw over or a sweater or

so when you put on a pool you're actually putting on a warmer layer and

this caught my attention quite quickly because for us if you pull it means that

you score a girl at the bar for example like he pulled last night I don't

automatically associate the word pull with the pull over which is obviously

what they're referring to when they say un pull number six was really cute and

you can see where they got it from is un recordman which is a record holder

I'm not sure if a female record holder is a recordwoman I haven't heard that one

number seven is un car yes as in a car and this actually means a bus or a

van and French number eight is another English word that we have which is caddy

un caddy and for us a caddy is someone who follows a golfer around

often a professional golfer and looks after his clubs right but in French when

you are using the word caddy it actually means a shopping trolley

number nine is just so sweet it is a talkie walkie which is of course

walkie-talkie but for some reason I decided to throw the words around in the

other direction so if you've got a few kids playing walkie talkie at your house

they're actually playing talkie walkie when they are in France number ten is

the word fashion which actually becomes an adjective and French so for example I

love your shoes so fashion or I love your skirt : très fashion

obviously in English the word is fashionable but here fashion has taken

on its own meaning number eleven in speaking about fashion is fashion victim

this is not used in the same way as we use it in English which is a really

derogatory way where we talk more about someone who has a really poor sense of

fashion in France it actually means someone who's very fashionable and

always keeps up-to-date with the trends number twelve is the word speed so

French people might say je suis hyper speed en ce moment which means I'm

really busy at the moment this obviously wouldn't really work in

English if you say I'm speed I am speed it just sounds like you are on speed the

drug you obviously say I'm busy and go-go-go or I was very speedy but you're

not just speed number 13 is un rugbyman which is a rugbyman one word which

actually means rugby player you can also have this for tennis players so you can

have a tennis man but the funniest one of all that you can have is the plural

of tennis man and this is des tennismens or tennismens which is just wrong

in every way number 14 short and sweet it is the word slim and slim which is a

pair of skinny jeans and I suppose it comes from the english word for slim cut

jeans or slim leg jeans but it's just un slim like a slim is a pair of skinny

jeans number 15 is another sports term which is catch but rather than being

associated with a ball sport it actually means wrestling so if you

say "on fait du catch" you are saying we are wrestling number 16 and this is

probably my favorite one of all time is an auto stopper and auto stopper which

is the French word for a hitchhiker and if you've ever been hitchhiking I'm sure

you wish that it was Auto stopping but I'm sure it takes a long time to

actually get anyone to stop number 17 is beefsteak and beefsteak and I just

find this kind of funny because it's the French word for steak and they felt the

need to specify the source of the meat that it comes indeed from beef I suppose

we do the same when we say a lamb steak or a pork steak maybe but we don't say a

beef steak or do we? No I don't think so or at least it's not one word stuck

together like a beefsteak number 18 is a speaker and this is not just a regular

speaker this is often related to television and it's usually referring to

the actual announcer or the news anchor but what's really sweet about this word

is that there was the female equivalent the feminine version of the word which

is une speakerine number 19 definitely made me laugh out loud which is the word

people and no it doesn't just mean people as in people in general the

French word for that is des personnes or des gens but here people actually mean celebrity

and it comes from the American magazine people so you can 'il est très people'

he's very famous he's very much so a celebrity number 20 or number

40 if you have watched both videos by now is des warnings so warnings and it

doesn't just mean warnings in general or someone's warning you off something when

you use the word warnings in French it actually refers to car hazard lights so

that's all guys and I'm gonna stop filming before the Sun goes down on me

and I'm talking to you in total darkness I really need to invest in some lighting

but I just want to say I hope this causes no offense whatsoever to my

French friends out there I know that we as English speakers and I'm sure from

other nationalities as well butcher the French language, we're always using

your words like touché, gourmet, probably in a completely wrong sense and if you

want me to do some research on that and actually do a video on the French words

that we use incorrectly in English please let me know down in the comments

below because I mean what would life be if we couldn't giggle about these kinds

of differences so I'll leave you here for now I had fun I hope you had fun too

until next time I'll see you soon A bientôt !

For more infomation >> FAKE English Words Used in FRENCH That Don't Really Exist (PART 2)! Anglicisms Gone Wrong! 🇨🇵😜 - Duration: 7:59.

-------------------------------------------

[MV] I'LL - I DON'T WANT U BACK [KOR/ENG/HUN CC] - Duration: 3:53.

Never get, never get there Never get there, don't you know

Never back, never back there

I don't want to be alone Yeah, without you

Oh I'll just breakdown, down, down

Nothing happened It won't happened again

On this silly day, get away

You're not like me But what you know about me

Leave someone like me I won't bother you

Maybe it'll be like Heaven Oh we're just crying

Baby I don't want you back I want to leave all the memories behind

Just forget me Baby I don't want you back

Baby it's time to go You were precious to me, but now goodbye

Baby I don't want you back We'll never get, never get there

Never get there, don't you know Never back, never back there

Never back, just tell me now Never back, never back, never back, never

I knew that we'd been together last forever But in reality I just runaway

You're not like me But what you know about me

Leave someone like me I won't bother you

Maybe it'll be like Heaven Oh we're just crying

Baby I don't want you back I want to leave all the memories behind

Just forget me Baby I don't want you back

Baby it's time to go You were precious to me, but now goodbye

Baby I don't want you back We'll never get, never get there

Never get there, don't you know Never back, never back there

Never back, just tell me now

I don't wanna hold you back Baby run away from me

I don't wanna hold you back Baby run away from me

Baby run away from me I don't wanna hold you back

Baby I don't want you back But I know now you'll be happier without me

Baby I don't want you back We'll never get, never get there

Never get there don't you know Never back, never back there, never back just...

Baby I don't want you back We'll never get, never get there

Never get there, don't you know Never back, never back there

Never back just... Baby I don't want you back

For more infomation >> [MV] I'LL - I DON'T WANT U BACK [KOR/ENG/HUN CC] - Duration: 3:53.

-------------------------------------------

Ep. 1 - You don't need the experts. Diversify your own portfolio! - Duration: 10:43.

What's up world

This is stocks in the streets where we focus on pure

Investing without the bakin soda boric acid or all the other crap that analysts try to throw your way

Simply put we give it to you straight forward no cut

investing made simple

Let's say one day you woke up and went to check your bank account and the bank had made a mistake and

Accidentally added a hundred racks into your account

What would you do?

Would you call them like hey you guys made a mistake?

You've put too much money in my account. You need to take it out. Would you go to the bank and immediately make a withdrawal?

Well, I don't know and I can't answer that question for you

But what I can do is

Tell you how to make your money work for you so that you can have a continuous stream of funds into your account

When you come around to the point of retirement?

Regardless of where you are right now

So back to this hypothetical

So let's assume there you are

Sitting there with 100 racks cash

It doesn't matter if it came from the bank or a bank error if it was a gift if you hustle for it

Or if you hit a lick. Either way, it's yours

Now my next question is what are you going to do with that money?

do you pay off your house you buy a new whip a

supercharged motor for your old school drop

Maybe you're already riding clean. You just want to grab a new set of Forgi's you?

Can't go wrong with Forgi's, right?

Now some of you may be asking yourself. Why do I make so many automobile references?

Well, that's because when I was younger that was my mindset

We didn't have much we were growing up

But I didn't complain because we always seemed to have just enough I mean the light stay torn

I had a place to sleep. I had my people my family

You know I'm certain my family did the best they could to raise me and teach me right from wrong

But unfortunately the whole financial side of things really wasn't talked about you know I never learned anything about managing money

I didn't learn about investing until later on in life

You know by the time I was a teenager

I

Felt like I had life all figured out

You know I went out started making my own decisions, and I'll say when I was a late team maybe in my early 20s

You know I managed to turn a few numbers and do a little bit of this and a little bit of that

You know quite honestly. I probably had too much money for my own good

Like I know without a doubt in my mind that I tricked off over a hundred G's in a year before

It's crazy, right

I'm sure some of you watching this video have blown through way more than that and didn't even trip about it. You know

But I've always had a love for cars so I always wanted to have a couple of toys

To bring out at night in a cooler under bucket with some tents for the daytime

But since I was never taught what to do with money when I had a little I pretty much waste it out

Wasted at all on stuff cars. You know a little bit of jewelry coats the voo Chi jackets were big back then

But anyways all that stuff, just just appreciates, and it doesn't bring you any additional value over the years

Now if you can relate to some or even most of what I just talked about

That you probably understand how the game goes how the game works, and if you understand the game

Then you pretty much already understand how the stock market works

Allowed me to begin explaining

Let's say it was time for you to read up and you got on through a friend of a friend

But by the time they got to you you realize you had a whole bunch of Reggie

Now of course you're gonna be disappointed and let's assume that they've already disappeared and your money is gone also

It happens. It's the name of the game. We all take ills every once in a great while

Well the same thing is going to happen in a stock market. You will take some males

now

imagine that a slightly different scenario

You gave somebody use some paper to get on for you in let's let's say you just sent them after a zip right now

That's not all your bread

But that's a little bit that you had to invest towards whatever you got going on so they come back

We assume it's some Reggie again. Now. You still want to be pissed, but you didn't take as nearly

Of a hit because you didn't have everything right there. You didn't give them your all. That's what?

Diversifying your portfolio is all about now

This is a term you're gonna hear a lot you're gonna hear people on TV talking about it. You'll probably have friends. Maybe family

You're read articles talking about that first to find your portfolio

Basically all they're saying is don't put all your eggs in one basket

You know taking ales or part of the game?

How you bounce back from it is what's gonna determine the extent to which you're able to shine

So if you've ever taken the L in a game you know what it feels like to take an L in a stock market

Nothing is guaranteed

Doesn't matter who or why or what it's calls from just always know. There's a possibility that you can take a loss

Now

Rule number one when it comes to investing

Never ever ever ever ever ever

Invest your money in a company that you don't fully understand I

Don't care what your friends. See it. I don't care if you feel like you got a tip from somebody. I don't care

What the analysts say or in terms of you it shouldn't even matter what I say

Unless you're fully in

The know of that company, and how it works some of this intricacies what the company has going on product releases

You do not want to take you don't want to spend your money or invest your money into that company

Now going back to the concept of diversifying or kind of spreading your money about

It would be almost useless if I ask you to hey

I need you to read and study 100 to 200 different companies, and I want you to know everything about them

The rally reality is it's not going to happen in

fact if you were going to look for any single company

if I'm a or entity to invest in I

Will tell you that you probably need to bet your money on the United States of America. I mean think about it

We all know how much they hitting over the hair for, Texas

We know how much attorney fees are we know how much it costs to pace, but post post bond

We know how much it costs for speeding tickets

Here's the thing the US economy is going to continue generating money. We know that this is the richest a

country in the world so

instead of trying to figure out how to beat the US economy I

Think the wise thing to do is invest your money and grow with our economy

So of all the money that you invest I am a firm believer that 90 percent

of it should be placed in a Standard & Poor 500 index fund or

S&P

500 index fund

This index or this type of index is going to track the 500 largest companies in the United States

And you base basically invest a little bit of money into each of them

This means that even if 50 of the companies have a bad year

You still have 450 other companies who may be having great years to kind of offset some of those losses

This is a straightforward way of

Diversifying without trying to become an expert in the market

Now

if you watch the video this for I'm sure your next question is

Where do I go to invest or how do I do it?

Well first things first if you do not have a nine of five and have never had a night of five

Do not I repeat

do not

dump

$100,000 into a brokerage account and try to buy stocks if you do I can

Guarantee that then people will be to see you

Now hopefully he's got a legit paper trail for your money, so your investments don't raise any red flags

so a brokerage account or

pretty much a broker is a middleman a

Broker is like that dude in the neighborhood who always knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody

Who always happens to have exactly what you're looking for well just like in the streets

They are all hustlers as long as you go through them you best believe they will be taxing you

Will just call this the middleman tax just to simplify things

Well, that's the same way the game works now in the streets you may not find someone who was willing to turn you on to

their plug, but when it comes to investing the name of the game is a bit different

that's why I'm here to share my plug with you now I

messed with a few brokers for various reasons, but then when it comes to getting started and just

Beginning a tinkerer in the stock market a little bit. I am a huge fan of the Robin Hood app

Now why this app well for beginners they don't charge a commission each time you trade

The other companies you go to buy something

They hit you over the head you go to sell it they hit you over the head again

Trust me over the course of multiple years that adds up big time, but that's how to get a paper that middleman tax

So about the Robin Hood and in fact if you click the link in the description and sign up for that Robin Hood app

Check down below. You'll also receive one free share of a stock. It'll be a random stock, but it's free

It'll probably be back valued anywhere from three dollars on up worst case scenario. You can sell it and grab a little something

I don't know but

Anyways once you have the app there are three

S&P 500 funds

That I want you to add to your watchlist within the app

The ticker for each of those funds is vo o IV V and

SP Y so check out my next video as I explain the significance of these three options

Again this is stocks in the streets taken up a soda in the b12 no-cut investing made simple

For more infomation >> Ep. 1 - You don't need the experts. Diversify your own portfolio! - Duration: 10:43.

-------------------------------------------

Don't Take Your Time - Roger Nichols & The Small Circle Of Friends (Live cover) Lyrics - 和訳/日本語 歌詞付 - Duration: 2:14.

For more infomation >> Don't Take Your Time - Roger Nichols & The Small Circle Of Friends (Live cover) Lyrics - 和訳/日本語 歌詞付 - Duration: 2:14.

-------------------------------------------

SAKIN EVDE DENEMEYİN! DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! - Duration: 2:35.

Do not try this at home!

First you have to take a piece of cotton

Then you divide it into two parts.

You put both pieces in the tray

I'll use both of them.

I'll start with this one.

Here we have a handsaw.

and that is exactly why I told you not to try this at home.

This is magnesium rod.

I'm going to rub them

We decided to

put some magnesium particles

on the cotton.

to start a fire

I guess...

I couldn't start a fire.

By rubbing the rod

and producing more magnesium particles

We expect to

start a fire more easily.

Let's try again now

Am I doing it the right way? Yes, I am...

Nowwww, it's coming...

Then...

It is as if we produced electricity

We can see the sparkles

We can make sparkles but

but we can't start a fire

Today I told you something new

I' m going to tell and show something different

I'm going to

light a fire

but in a different way

not with these equipment

and not like this

I'll use another method for cooking

I won't make sparkle balls like this

This time you will see a warm and blue fire

For more infomation >> SAKIN EVDE DENEMEYİN! DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! - Duration: 2:35.

-------------------------------------------

You Don't Know How Toilets Work - The Illusion Of Explanatory Depth - Duration: 11:39.

>> ALEX: You don't know how toilets work.

This thing you use every single day, hopefully, you know almost nothing about even though

you may think you do.

I guarantee it.

Well, actually, I don't guarantee it, maybe a plumber is watching, or maybe you just really

know how a toilet works, but chances are that you think you know how a toilet works, but

you actually don't.

Let's talk to some people, and, I recommend you too answer my questions as we go.

Hey guys, I'm here interviewing some people, let's get technical.

So, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being you have no knowledge whatsoever, 10 being you're an expert

in this, rate how well you understand how a toilet works.

>> PARTICIPANT: 3

>> ALEX: A 3? That's a good answer.

>> PARTICIPANT: A 9 or 8 I think

That is a 3 for me

3, 4 maybe

I'd go with maybe a 2

3.5

I give it a 4.5 out of 10

Maybe 3

3

5

>> ALEX: That's good, solid answer.

So, can you explain to me, step by step, how a toilet works.

>> PARTICIPANT: Well, so there's a handle, and you flush it, and it goes through some machinery,

There's little lever inside the little box that's behind what you sit on, and then it...

I just know there's just kinda pipes, and I don't really know.

The water washes down into the pipes, okay?

There's like pipes going into the top thing, and then you press the flusher thing, and then the water goes all around and it flushes the gross stuff out.

>> ALEX: How does it actually, like, *flush* it out?

>> PARTICIPANT: It goes down a pipe? I don't know.

Water comes out into the bowl, and pushes the stuff down.

>> ALEX: Can you elaborate on that? Like, the pushing?

>> PARTICIPANT: Um, I'm not sure.

>> ALEX: How does the water actually go down?

>> PARTICIPANT: Um, can't wait for the next Technicality video for that one!

>> ALEX: Cool! So, now after you explained it, can you reevaluate yourself? On a scale of 1-10, rate how well you know how toilets work.

>> PARTICIPANT: 2

A 6 or a 7.

Like, 2 or 3.

Like a 2.

I think 2 was maybe pretty accurate, although I might want to decrease to a 1.

I'd put myself on a 1.5.

I don't know, I think I'm still a 3.

Uhh, like an 7. I did better than I thought I would.

I'm gonna say 2-3.

Oh, like 1. *both laugh*

This is known as the illusion of explanatory depth, the keyword there being explanatory,

but we'll get to that later.

The Illusion of Explanatory Depth is when people inaccurately overestimate their knowledge in a certain thing.

You can see this illusion everywhere, because there's so much stuff we use all the time

and people know almost nothing about, but they think they do.

You could just swap toilets from the previous example and replace them with refrigerators

or zippers or locks or bikes or can openers or a lot of other things!

THERE'S SO MANY THINGS!

Leonid Rozenblit and Frank Keil, both Yale psychologists, coined the term back in 2002

with this study: The misunderstood limits of folk science: an illusion of explanatory depth.

Hey, quick post-production note. You may notice I didn't put in a picture of Mr. Rozenblit, and that's because no picture of him comes up when you Google his name, but John Green's there for some reason, soooo.

Among other things, like doing many, many, many tests to prove that this is actually

a thing, they outline four factors that contribute to this illusion of explanatory depth.

One!

Change blindness.

Or, more specifically, change blindness blindness.

Let me explain.

This is a bike.

You probably know that, but, now, close your eyes, can you picture a bike?

Maybe it looks something like this, or maybe this, or maybe even this.

Yea, none of those designs would actually work as a bike.

This is Phil Fernbach.

He has a doctorate in cognitive science and is the co-author of The Knowledge Illusion:

Why We Never Think Alone.

>> PHIL FERNBACH: A psychologist studied this question, he wanted to see if people know how a bike works.

He brought people into the lab. He gave them a simple test, he said, "just draw in where the pedals go, draw in where the chain goes and draw in where the frame goes.

I'm gonna show you a couple examples of what people came up with.

Here's one. Bikes haven't looked like this since the 1920s

Here's another one. If you have teeny-tiny legs, this might be the bike for you.

>> BABY LEGS: Baby legs, here we go!! TTTttttt (I don't know how to put that sound into words)

>> ALEX: That was a clip from his TED talk on the subject.

Except for that Rick and Morty clip, I added that myself.

>> PHIL FERNBACH: I didn't cherrypick these examples, these are good representations of the average level of knowledge of bicycles, despite the fact that we all ride them every single day.

>> ALEX: We, as humans, rely very heavily on information that is right in front of us.

"When people succeed at solving problems with devices they may underestimate how much

of their understanding lies in relations that are apparent in the object as opposed to being

mentally represented."

When the bike is in front of me, of course it's a bike, but when we change that, we

become both blind to the makeup of the bike and blind to the fact that we are blind to

the makeup of the bike.

Change blindness blindness

Two!

Confusion with layers of explanation.

What is this?

Ok, so let's take my phone, for example.

How would you explain my cell phone?

Well, among other things, you might mention that there's a touch screen, a battery,

a speaker, emojis, and a camera.

Ok, so if you're then asked what's a camera, you might mention, well, there's a lens,

a flash, an aperture, et cetera.

Did you just see what we did there?

We just delved into 2 different layers of analysis when it comes to my phone.

The first layer is the stuff that makes up my phone, the second layer is the stuff that

makes up that stuff, and so on and so on if we were to continue.

A problem arises when we gain a surface layer understanding of something, but then think

we know all the layers, creating the illusion of explanatory depth.

Going back to our toilet example, yes, you know that when you press the flushy thing,

the water in the tanky thing empties, and pours out into the bowly thing.

But wait, how does the water actually get from the tank to the bowl?

Where does all that water in the bowl go?

How does the tank know when to stop refilling?

And what other parts play a role?

These are deeper level questions that you may not be able to answer, but because you

know the first layer, your brain thinks "Yea, I know how that works."

And this contradiction is a big

factor in the illusion of explanatory depth.

Three!

Murkiness of Knowledge.

This one kinda builds on the previous point.

Remember when I said that the key word in the illusion of explanatory depth is explanatory?

That's because this illusion really only works with explanatory knowledge, not with

facts or processes or other kinds of knowledge.

It's really easy to know if you know a fact or a process.

Do you know how old I am?

It's a question in the comments that is very very very very very very very very very

very very very very hey we done yet?

No?

Not even close?

Cool cool.

Very very very

>> SPONGEBOB NARRATOR: 2,000 years later.

>> ALEX: Very very very very very common.

It's a fact, and it's pretty easy to tell if you know it or not.

A...

A lot of people don't, apparently.

You just ask yourself, how old is Alex?

And if your answer is I don't know, then you don't know, and if your answer is the

15, then you know it.

Same reasoning for processes.

For example, do you know how to turn on post notification for Technicality?

*weird wink thing*

If your answer is I don't know, then you don't know, and if your answer is, well,

just click the little bell right beneath the video, check "Send me all notifications

for this channel," and click save, then you know it.

So do that--.

However, with explanatory knowledge, that ease simply isn't there because of those

layers of explanation we talked about earlier.

With processes, you have a clear beginning and end, and with facts, it's clear if you

either know them or if you don't.

None of that is true when it comes to explanatory knowledge.

Explanations usually, if not always, have no clear ending because there are so many

layers of explanation you can go into, and, thus, it's not clear if know it or not.

And finally, four!

The rarity of explanations.

Think about the last time you said a fact or told someone about a process.

It probably wasn't too long ago.

However, explanations are much more rare.

You don't often explain how toilets or bikes or refrigerators work, and that's because

you don't really need too.

Thus, we have less familiarity with explanations, making us more susceptible to overestimating

our knowledge.

Quote from the Rozenblit and Keil study, "Although each of these four features may be present

to some extent with other kinds of knowledge, such as facts or procedures, we claim they

converge most strongly with explanations, producing a powerful illusion of knowing."

One of the most important takeaways of the illusion of explanatory depth is that recognition

does not equal understanding.

You know THIS is a computer, but that doesn't mean you know how it works.

And that's ok, if my computer ever breaks, well, I know a guy who can hook me up and

fix it, right?

*long, awkward pause* The Division of Cognitive Labour.

Many many years ago, when we switched from a hunting and gathering society to an agriculture

society, we also switched to specialization.

This means that people who are the most helpful to society are really good at one thing, because,

if we're all really good at one thing, we can all work together to combine those talents.

No one needs to know everything, but if they know a lot of other people, and, collectively,

those other people know almost everything, then we're all set.

This is the Division of Cognitive Labour.

That's why we see kids start suffer from the illusion of explanatory depth at the same

age they learn about which professionals know what, around 3-5 years old.

At those ages, kids learn stuff like how a doctor will know how to make you not sick

and farmer will know how to make you not hungry.

That's why we can get away with the illusion of explanatory depth.

Because we've evolved so that we can rely on others, it doesn't hurt us to not be

able to explain something.

Or does it?

See, it's not gonna hurt me to not know how zipper zips stuff, but can the illusion

of explanatory depth actually have a pretty big impact?

Turns out, yea.

Remember Phil Fernbach from earlier?

Well, in that TED Talk, he talks about a study he did where he brought in participants and

polled them on certain topical political issues.

Stuff that's fairly controversial, like a single-payer healthcare system, and emissions

trading, and GMOs.

Participants were asked to explain how each of those things work, and what Phil and his

team found was that people, even if they have extreme, passionate views on a certain issue,

don't always know how that issue works.

>> PHIL FERNBACH: They think they know how these policies work, when, in fact, they don't. And the attempt to try to explain leads to drastic reduction in the feeling that they get these things.

>> ALEX: Moreover, in another study, they brought in a bunch who people who had all different opinions

on GMOs, ranging from they're great and everyone should eat them to they're terrible

and no one should eat them, and asked participants to answer this question: true or false: a

gene inserted into a food can migrate into the genetic code of humans who consume that

food.

Now, if you're curious, this is false, but what's interesting is what Phil found.

>> PHIL FERNBACH: The people who are most passionate, most vociferously opposed to this, are the ones who most strongly hold this false belief.

Now, I'm not trying to imply that everyone opposed to GMOs hold this false belief.

What I implore you to do, though, is think about it. Do you know enough to hold the position that you do as strongly as you do?

>> ALEX: Woah.

So the next time you're advocating for a certain view, make sure you ask yourself to explain

the topic before you vote or tell the world.

You should, quite literally, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Oh, and if you're still curious about how the standard toilet works: the water level

is usually low enough so it doesn't go up and then down this pipe, called the trap,

but when you press the handle, the piece covering the hole at the bottom of the tank is lifted,

allowing the water to go into the main bowl, forcing the water currently in the toilet

to go up, in, and down this pipe.

That's why you can "flush" a toilet by just pouring water in it.

*Maybe a clip of interviews*

If you enjoyed this video, it's really helpful if you leave a like, or share it on social

media or Reddit.

Thanks for watching, DFTBA, and explore on.

I would like to give a huge thank you to this episode's sponsor, PosterBurner.

PosterBurner prints phenomenal, high-quality posters for a simply great price.

I've got 2 of their posters myself, and, let me tell you guys, these things look amazing.

I took this picture of my dog on my phone, and it looks CRAZY good on this 11x17 poster.

oooh, me me big boy.

Here's a beautiful poster of the Technicality logo.

Whether you want a big or small poster, whether it be for personal or business, PosterBurner

has got you covered.

You know what, I just realized you could print a picture of Pi on a poster that's 3.14 inches

x 3.14 inches.

Wow that's so cool. Someone should totally do that and tweet a picture of it at me.

Go to PosterBurner.com/Technicality to get 10% off your order. You will not be disappointed.

If you want to check out another mind-blowing psychology experiment, check out this video

about how food presentation affects taste.

I made vanilla cake taste like chocolate just by adding brown dye.

Click the end card to check it out, if you're new here, subscribe!

Thanks for watching, that's to all my patrons at patreon.com/Technicality, more specifically,

these on screen right now.

Click the end card ok byeee.

For more infomation >> You Don't Know How Toilets Work - The Illusion Of Explanatory Depth - Duration: 11:39.

-------------------------------------------

K1 Fiance Visa But Don't Speak the Same Language - Duration: 2:14.

Me and my fiance I've met in person but we communicate through translation apps man

those translation apps are getting good nowadays okay so on our phone or

computer she speaks Chinese but no English well we have trouble getting a

fiance visa. Okay well technically there's no

requirement that you speak the same language but the reality is the

adjudicator is looking to determine or be convinced that you have a legitimate

relationship and so you know we all heard the old cliche that communication

is the most important thing in a marriage and and I called it cliche but

my experience is of course that is true so and and we all generally recognize

that so you're gonna have a little bit of an uphill fight here if you if your

fiance speaks no English and you I assume speak no Chinese yeah it's gonna

be a little tougher does that automatically disqualify you know again

it goes back to what we always say they're gonna look at the totality of

the situation you know your evidence all of your evidence so it's not an

automatic disqualifier but it is I would call it a red flag because you know Gee

and you know it you know how are you gonna convince a person that you have

this this deep legitimate relationship when you don't even speak the same

language again the translation tools have gotten a lot better but but still

you're gonna have a little bit of uphill battle is is what I would say it can it

be done absolutely has it been done absolutely but you need to make sure the

rest of your case is airtight and you need to be ready to explain to the

interviewer how it is that you are conducting this relationship when you

can't speak the same language. I know when I went to the interview with my

wife that's one of the first things they asked as how we communicate? how often we

communicate? you know and in what forms of media we use to communicate? and so

that's one of the first things they ask in the interview.

For more infomation >> K1 Fiance Visa But Don't Speak the Same Language - Duration: 2:14.

-------------------------------------------

Conservatives don't just believe in free speech, we DEFEND it. - Duration: 0:59.

Mr. Speaker, will the Prime Minister

join me in condemning the egregious

crackdown on free speech

at Laurier University?

The Honourable Minister of Science.

Mr. Speaker, our government

is committed to creating open spaces

for Canadians to debate

and express their views.

In a free society, we may

disagree with the person's views,

but we must defend their right to hold them,

unless those views promote hate.

Intolerance and hate have no place

in Canadian society

or in our post-secondary institutions.

We will continue to fight to ensure

the charter rights of Canadians

are upheld and that every Canadian

can feel safe and secure

in their community.

The Honourable Leader of the Opposition.

I don't know why the Prime Minister

can't just simply denounce

what happened at the university.

For more infomation >> Conservatives don't just believe in free speech, we DEFEND it. - Duration: 0:59.

-------------------------------------------

Darren Criss - I Don't Mind (Official Music Video) - Duration: 2:32.

Baby, I don't care- the "what, when, how, or where."

Folks will laugh and try to make a fuss, they'll try to make it hard for us, but baby I don't care

Darling, I don't mind what they think they'll find.

Of all the secrets they have told, at least I've still got you to hold, so darling,

I don't mind.

'Cause I'll be the one to hold you when the nights are cold.

And although I know I've told you, I will tell you forever more that I don't give

a damn if they can't understand.

Of all the things that I have learned, they're nothing, far as I'm concerned…

So I don't give a damn.

'Cause I'll be the one to hold you when the nights are cold.

And although I know I've told you, I will tell you forever more that babe

it ain't no thing- that viper venom's sting.

'Cause even if it got your goat, well, I'd kiss you with the antidote so babe, it ain't no thing

And darling, I don't care.

No baby I don't.

Baby, I don't mind.

For more infomation >> Darren Criss - I Don't Mind (Official Music Video) - Duration: 2:32.

-------------------------------------------

The Flash 4x09 Extended Promo "Don't Run" (HD) Season 4 Episode 9 Extended Promo Mid-Season Finale - Duration: 0:41.

Hello, Mr. Allen.

DeVoe, he took Barry.

Where's my son?

Has he gone missing?

He's not missing, he was taken.

I'm here for a reason.

Why?

The lesson for today is that there are no happy endings.

If you hurt him,

if you put a hand on him!

His body may be human….

DeVoe!

His brain...

DeVoe!

...is smarter than yours.

DeVoe!

The Flash Mid-Season finale this Tuesday at 8/7c on The CW.

For more infomation >> The Flash 4x09 Extended Promo "Don't Run" (HD) Season 4 Episode 9 Extended Promo Mid-Season Finale - Duration: 0:41.

-------------------------------------------

🔥🤣 REACTION! 🤣🔥 Duki - She Don't Give a FO (ft. Khea) Prod. Omar Varela - Duration: 5:53.

small-town niggas I got bigotry most of the time when these people be talking I

don't even hear them they talk in a talk but I do not hear shit when I'm here

swear to god Duke I in the House today bedroom fresh shot the bed I'll feel

like doing no intro I just want to turn up why cuz I just want to turn up so

what she don't give a bow showing you fuck she showing you full fucks

featuring kia kia I'll have you pronouncing produced by Omar but raela

but either way it goes man I like that last Duke I saw y'all really wanted to

see this one so here I am here we go we bout to get a lady two titties banger

Said's aka taguchi's at the songs playlist when we turn up get buck wild I

like the vibe these one our eyeballs and haters you're always making appearance

in my comments section it's okay though I've got something for that ass eraser

for the haters still drop that comment below I'm still go park that

motherfucker just cuz I know what pisses you off behave you're here you bout to

turn up with me and I'll give a bow what you gotta say if I to turn them all the

way up full screen play this a video where audio and don't say I'm assuming

it's the video then if it does not say I'm excited angle at see what's going on

right now okay yeah I know who it is you ain't gotta

walk me through a tutorial how do you pronounce kayo tortilla and that's a

girl correct

because Duke I don't his voice is very different it's like a raspy light I

don't know is it's dope dog like we got liddie as a titty last time the reason

she don't give vote is because you know I'm saying a foul I'm confused I just

say fuck like the reason she don't care cuz you ain't give her that dum dum dum

hoppity-hop they're correct the way you know I'm saying if you put it on the

right she got she ain't got no choice but to come back I don't give a fuck and

if you didn't catch on by now I'm not fluent in Spanish or whatever language

this is I'm not fluent in it I'm English I'm American so don't blame me I just

like the Bible baby on this I just react to what the people want

what I know you don't call it that be

two years as families you know I'm saying tally yet they hot babies in

photo baby that means I really give her that be so excuse me the fuck did you

just say say hurricanes bumper Ilana wait if she does give a phone you know

I'm there she gets Volvo's every time we get together we do four rounds at least

Wow stop it get some help baby if you got

some bangers hit the crib baby slide them things

oh why cuz we do car let's go

yeah she only some ride it out baby last party she but that she really might get

blown or she just tell you that I think she care

she here yeah I don't know what you know I know you might know one here this bum

hiddenness you know God please no no

I'm making funny because raggedy doll a weed we might have to do that that

Rockstar audio made a matter of fact funny let's go straight into a rock star

as well let's get it know y'all like I got it on my hip did that bring a fuck I

forgot it in a whip now been a bad shit cuz I got her off the strip talk about

my she got a few girls in

For more infomation >> 🔥🤣 REACTION! 🤣🔥 Duki - She Don't Give a FO (ft. Khea) Prod. Omar Varela - Duration: 5:53.

-------------------------------------------

JUDGE HATCHETT...DON'T U HATE "HARD HEADED" CHILDREN,SHE'S ALLOWED TO EXPRESS HERSELF - Duration: 6:37.

For more infomation >> JUDGE HATCHETT...DON'T U HATE "HARD HEADED" CHILDREN,SHE'S ALLOWED TO EXPRESS HERSELF - Duration: 6:37.

-------------------------------------------

HIV Testing: Test Today. Don't Delay. - Duration: 1:05.

For more infomation >> HIV Testing: Test Today. Don't Delay. - Duration: 1:05.

-------------------------------------------

El impresionante "secreto" sexual que separa a Don Juan Carlos y Doña Sofía - Duration: 3:29.

For more infomation >> El impresionante "secreto" sexual que separa a Don Juan Carlos y Doña Sofía - Duration: 3:29.

-------------------------------------------

'I Don't Know Who Leaked Fake Wedding Photos' – Juliet Ibrahim|NVS News - Duration: 3:51.

'I Don't Know Who Leaked Fake Wedding Photos' – Juliet Ibrahim

Anybody who follows Ghanaian actress, Juliet Ibrahim, on social media would know that she appears to be head-over-heels in love with Nigerian rapper, Iceberg Slim.

Her Instagram page is full of pictures of both of them in several romantic gestures.

And they go almost everywhere together.

During interviews, she has also gushed about Slim, making it clear that she had found love.

Iceberg Slim also does the same.

According to him, he was blown away by Ibrahim's intelligence.

Days ago, it was reported online that the duo had secretly gotten married, and that a wedding ring was spotted on Ibrahim.

Congratulatory messages poured in for the couple but they later went online to debunk the story.

They had said,.

"We will like to inform the general public that we are not married yet.

When we decide to go down that path together, we will certainly be the ones to let the world, our friends, family, supporters and fans know.

The image circulating isn't a court wedding photograph.

It is a leaked behind-the-scenes image which was taken during a photo-shoot for a new project, which we will soon unveil to the world.

God bless everyone for the love and well wishes.

I love you all.".

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, Ibrahim maintained that she hadn't gotten married to Iceberg.

She said, "I did not get married and like I explained, that picture was taken on the set of a project we're working on.

I don't know who leaked it.

If we want to do something like that; trust me, we wouldn't hide it.".

On whether they do have plans to get married anytime soon, Juliet said,.

"I really don't want to say anything further about this.

If I want to take any major decision, I will surely let my loved ones know about it.".

For more infomation >> 'I Don't Know Who Leaked Fake Wedding Photos' – Juliet Ibrahim|NVS News - Duration: 3:51.

-------------------------------------------

Doki Doki Literature Club Endings || DON'T TRUST THIS GAME - Duration: 2:01.

Doki Doki Literature Club Endings

Doki Doki Literature Club Endings

Doki Doki Literature Club Endings

Doki Doki Literature Club Endings

Doki Doki Literature Club Endings

Doki Doki Literature Club Endings

Doki Doki Literature Club Endings

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét